From Matt Nuzzo
This is all the Armstrong gear that I use on a regular basis for surf foiling, wing foiling and kite foiling. I occasionally will get behind a boat to wake foil or tow into smaller waves and this gear crosses over to those sports well.
- 4'11 FG 60L- This board rocks for light wind of powered conditions. It took a bit to get down to riding this smaller size, but now that I can get started in under 10 knots, there is no going back. It is so light and nimble in flat water or surf conditions.
- 4'5 FG 34L- For smaller wing powered up conditions, I will ride the 34L board. This board is so nimble and quite easy to ride once you can deep water start. I always wing with straps on this board for better turning, jumping and easier starts.
- A Wing V2 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5- I thought that a 5.5m was plenty big for any conditions I was riding in until I got the 6.5m and could go efficiently when the wind was barely going. The A Wings have been my favorite wing because of the low-end power, wind range, performance and balance. The Ultimate Waist Leash is a must add so you can paddle out and have both hands free.
- HS Wing Overview- HS1850 for learning new on water tricks and really light wind. HS1550 V2 for all around in most conditions. This is one of my main winging foils. HS1250 for powered up controlled turns on ocean swell. Nice balance of turning and glide.
- HA Wing Overview- HA1325 is the best for max efficiency light wind gliding. HA1125 give you better turning and is nice for ocean gliding bumps. HA925 is my go-to for performance powered up riding in flat water and waves. HA725 for fast turns, powerful swell and max speed.
- 4'5 FG 34L- This board catches waves so easily. It is light, strong and pumps like a beast. I have yet to test a prone board that works as well as the Armstrong FG 4'5 and I can wing and kite it too.
- HS Wing Overview- HS1850 is kind of big for me not, but I learned to pump on it and it turns so well for a big wing that I keep it in my quiver. HS1550 V2 for all around in most smaller conditions. This wing pumps like an HA and turns like a wing much smaller than it is. This is one of my main winging foils. HS1250 for better surf and more nimble turning.
- HA Wing Overview- HA1125 is maximum pumping. So much glide and it still turns. Also great for downwinding. HA925 is my go-to for performance foil surfing and I can ride this in knee high to overhead waves. It has crazy pump and glide for such a small foil. HA725 for fast turns, powerful swell and max speed.
- 4'5 FG 34L- This board is a little big for me for kiting, but it is so easy to ride that I always go back to it. It gets going easily, deflects off the water well and I can jump it with straps on.
- HS Wing Overview- The HS1050 is my main kite foil wing. It has nice low speed take off and it is comfortable through the turns. HS1550 V2 I will ride for the ultimate light wind foil. It has such great top range that it keeps you on foil in nothing. It is also great for learning turns and tricks. The HS1250 has a good balance of turning and speed. The wide span keeps you locked in for kiting.
- HA Wing Overview- HA1125 is kind of crazy to kite foil because of its endless glide. The high aspect ratio and wide span gives you amazing up and down wind ability. The HA925 is a great kite wing with the balance of glide, turning and performance. The HA725 is a monster for high speed straight line speed runs. I like kiting this one on the 70cm fuse to handle the mach speeds.
- 4'5 FG 34L- I can ride the FG4'5 strapped and strapless behind the boat. It feels just like I am surfing and I can pump it for a few minutes from wake to wake. For bigger tricks, this board starts to feel a little big but besides that, I love it.
- HS Wing Overview- HS1850 is really easy behind the boat. HS1550 V2 for all around wake foiling. This wing pumps like an HA and turns like a wing much smaller than it is. This is one of my main winging foils. HS1250 I don't use that much behind the boat but you can get some pretty aggressive turns with it. HS1050 is best for tricks and getting airs.
- HA Wing Overview- HA1325 if you want to stay on foil forever and catch every other boat wake out there. Doesn't turn that well so took some getting used to. HA1125 is maximum pumping. So much glide and it still turns so this one I ride behind the boat a lot. HA925 is a little small but can be really fun for ripping around.
Tow (Smaller Waves)
- 4'5 FG 34L- The FG 4'5 strapped up feels smaller than it is. Also the length will give you some control through high speed turns.
- HS Wing Overview- HS1550 V2 for all around tiny wave towing. HS1050 is really fun for powered up in the pocket turns.
- HA Wing Overview- If I will be pumping back out to waves, th HA925 is small enough to handle speed and still connect. Once It gets juicer, the HA725 is so good. Really fast and can rip turns rail to rail.
Masts, Fuse and Tail Wings
- MAST- I normally have a 85cm and 72cm mast rigged in my car with the 60cm fuse in them and ready to go. I am riding the 85cm for kiting and winging to handle the heavier chop. The 72cm I am surfing and riding in shallower waters.
- FUSLAGE- The 60cm A+ fuse are my staple fuselage. They are a great balance of turning, stability and pumping. I use the 70cm for max speed and stability and it also helps for really long pumps back to the top. The 50cm fuse goes well with the HA1325 or really big wings with a wide span.
- TAIL WING- The FV200 is my all around tail that I use with no shim at -1. Very smooth and loose. HS232 V2 I ride with two red shims at +1. It is really stable and helps when I am learning new stuff.
- Armstrong FG Wing SUP Foilboard-4'11" x 60L
- Armstrong FG Wing Surf Foilboard-4'5" x 34L
- Armstrong A+ System High Speed Foil Package-HS1850 w85cm Mast
- Armstrong A+ System High Speed Front Wing-HS1550 V2
- Armstrong A+ System High Speed Front Wing-HS1250
- Armstrong A+ System High Speed Front Wing-HS1050
- Armstrong A+ System High Aspect Front Wing-HA1325
- Armstrong A+ System High Aspect Front Wing HA1125
- Armstrong A+ System High Aspect Front Wing-HA925
- Armstrong A+ System High Aspect Front Wing-HA725
- Armstrong A+ System Tail Wing-Flying V FV200
- Armstrong A+ System Tail Wing-HS232 V2
- Armstrong A+ System TC Fuselage-50cm
- Armstrong A+ System TC Fuselage-60cm
- Armstrong A+ System TC Fuselage-70cm
- Armstrong A+ System Mast-72cm
- Armstrong A Wing V2-3.5m
- Armstrong A Wing V2-4.5m
- Armstrong A Wing V2-5.5m
- Armstrong A Wing V2-6.5m
- Armstrong A Wing Pump
- Armstrong A Wing Ultimate Waist Leash x Two
- Armstrong Memory Foam Foot Strap x Two