- Kujira 1210 Carbon Front Wing (1210cm2 Projected Area)
- 220 Carbon Tail (220cm2 Projected Area)
- 2022 Reinforced 75cm Aluminum Mast and Top Plate
- 2022 70cm Aluminum Fuselage
- Travel Case for Mast/Fuse Assembly
- Travel Case for Wings
- Hardware Pack w/Tool and Tef-Gel
- Board Mounting Hardware
Weight of fully rigged foil: 8.4 lbs
Best for riders 180 lbs and smaller
What We Like
- This is 1210 cm2 projected area which is actually about a 1500 cm2 of most other foils.
- This foil is has a lot of kick for a wing this size. You need to set it farther back in the track than other foils.
- You can breach the wing tip without having the foil drop out on you.
- The longer fuselage makes this foil super pitch stable for pumping.
- This is a really lightweight aluminum set up.
- The improved mast has very little flex which translates into better pumping.
- Pumping is a breeze with this foil.
- Surprisingly easy to surf for a performance-oriented foil.
- Unlike the full carbon version, the AC75 is fully modular so you can take it apart to travel or add a longer mast.
What We Don't Like
- The Kujira has razor sharp tips so you need to be careful you don't get stabbed.
- The bags are kind of cheap as they are foam blocks that the parts go in and a nylon case around that.
- The longer fuse makes this foil stiffer in the turns. You get great pump with the long fuse but less crisp turns. You can chop the tail to make it looser or chop the tail.
- A lot of people are getting the wrong size because they don't understand this is projected area. The 1210 projected area is actually around 1500 cm2 total area.
Why you want the Kujira
Do you like products that are modeled after whale pectoral fins? Ha ha. Besides for some kooky marketing, the Kujira foil works amazingly well. This is the foil that a lot of the ripping surf foilers are frothing about. It works killer in a lot of conditions for a lot of sports. For the price, it is hard to beat.
Takuma introduces the new Kujira foil, inspired by humpback whales. The name Kujira is Japanese for whale. There is an element of biomimicry in the innovation and engineering process of the Kujira foil, as it is fully inspired by humpback whales.
The design: The Kujira foil was designed by Laurent Borgna, well known for having already shaken things up in the foiling world with his work on the LOL Profoil range, and Cyril Coste, the founder of Takuma.
The revolutionary tubercle design is inspired by the pectoral fin of humpback whales who are known for their agility, power and efficiency. Takuma wanted to implement this anomaly into the Kujira foil, and managed to do it by reproducing and adding whalelike bumps to the design. After a numerous prototypes, modifications and adjustments to the shape and profile of the bumps, computer simulations, and hours of testing in all conditions, there was a clear, distinct and enormous improvement in terms of lift, glide, stability and comfort in the new foils.
This remarkable extra lift allows the rider to use a smaller wing with better performance creating exceptionally smooth flight and glide even at low speed. The signature LOL upturned winglets are also found on the Kujira. Retaining the winglets on our hydrofoils give them much more efficient glide and lift with significantly less drag allowing the rider a feeling of extra comfort while foiling.
All riders can immediately feel the benefits of the Kujira foil, even non professional foilers. The Kujira is an extremely well rounded foil for surf and wing foiling, but is also perfectly adapted for more advanced level open ocean downwind foiling.
The Kujira In a Nutshell:
- Exceptionally Maneuverable
- Smooth and Stable on take off
- Extraordinarily Reactive
- Remarkably Stable at a low speed