The Slingwing V2 has had a complete overhaul to make this wing one of the best on the market for wing surf foiling. When this hand wing goes into depower mode, it completely disappears. Slingshot has made some intuitive design modifications like the squared off wing tip to make it accessible for the beginner with nothing left on the table for the advanced riders.
- Slingshot tough build quality in a light weight package
- 4x4 durable and light canopy material
- Rigid but comfortable handles
- Y Handles make transitions easy
- Squared off wing tip reduces wing tip drag even on the big sizes -Heavy duty patches across wing tips reduce scuffing
- Harness line attachment points are installed on strut
- Coil wrist leash included
- Backpack included
- Harness line sold separately
- Pump sold separately
What We Like
- The Slingwing V2 floats in the air when you hold it by the front handle in depower mode. They put a lot of dihedral in this wing which makes it balanced and stable in the sky.
- When you are riding a wave with the wing luffing, this wing disappears. It is totally balanced and luffs better than any other wing we have ridden.
- This wing is light weight. Like really light weight. When you pick up the wing it feels like it can fly on its own. This makes it really easy to handle for any level wing surfer.
- There is a big patch of material between the strut and the canopy. This is soft material that allows the draft to move around on the wing and handle gusts really well.
- The squared off wing tips keep you from catching the wing tips while riding. This feature really helps while cranking turns on waves or for your first ride on the board.
- The handle placement is spot on. They all have their purpose and there are not a bunch of extras. They added the transfer handle which some riders liked for changing from powered mode to depowered mode.
- We love the Y handles as they make switching hands in transitions much easier. You also get better upwind ability by using the Y handle.
- They added on some small knots that you can hook up a harness line to if you want to use a harness.
- The Slingwing V2 has a lot of overhead lift. This upward pull gives you more stability to stand and get on foil faster.
- Despite the light weight feel, the construction is rock solid Slingshot tough.
What We Don't Like
- The coil wrist leash can be kind of annoying because it can knot up. Some people like it because it is compact and you don’t have a long leash dangling around. Some don’t like it because they can bind up because of the coils.
- We wished that this wing shipped with the harness line. They are easy to make with a piece of rope, but we wished that it came with the rope.
Why You Want the Slingwing V2:
- The Slingwing V2 is so easy to handle that everyone loves it when they pick it up. If you are ever planning on riding a swell or gliding waves with your wing, the Slingwing is the choice. This is a staff favorite because of the light weight feel and the full depower mode is unmatched.
Anyone who wants the thrill of being powered by the wind over water, land, or snow. Anyone with decent board skills, but little to no sailing or kiting experience will get the hang of it right out of the gate. Its unique appeal comes from how simple it is to use and the freedom you feel using it. Just stand on your board, hold the wing at the proper angle, and off you go. To ease power, just sheet out or let go with your backhand, and the wing drifts with you like a paper airplane.
- The Slingwing V2 is lightweight and comes in at half the weight of original wings.
- It offers easy one-handed wrist control while luffing or surfing with no oscillation or nose-diving.
- Low-end power is perfect for getting up on all size boards and deep water starts.
- Soft handles offer total control and amazing comfort for hours of shredding.
- The cambered dihedral design lets you harmonize the wind, body, and foil into speed and control.
- Cross over use for paddleboard, skis/snowboard, skateboard or land board at the beach.
- SlingWing back pack
- Safety leash
- Bladder patch kit