The Armstrong HS625 Complete Foil Kit is a complete foil kit designed for the high performance big wave tow foiling or kite foiling at really high speeds. The new HS(High Speed) wing line is designed for the right balance of speed, turning, pumping, and low speed lift. Like all Armstrong foils, this kit is super easy to ride and ridiculously stable.
Armie Armstrong got fed up with all of the foils he was buying breaking, seizing together and not working like he wanted them to, so he put together an all-star team and Armstrong Foils were born. These are top quality foils with unique performance characteristics that make the foils really easy to learn with yet all the top pros are frothing to get their hands on them.
Armstrong HS625 Complete Foil Weight: 6.5 Lbs 2.95Kg
- 12 Month Manufacture Warranty on all parts
- High end carbon construction with amazing quality control
- Modular "Future-Proof" design makes it pack up easily and ensures that your foil will still work when new wings come out
- Fuselage has a titanium rod as the core with 5mm carbon wrap
- Wing construction is high-density foam core which is encapsulated in Aramid cloth before being wrapped with 100% High Modulus Carbon
- Mast construction starts with multi-piece hardwood core, "secret" carbon lay up base layers, Aramid layers for strength and then 100% carbon cloth wrap
- HS625 Front Wing
- HS232 Tail Wing
- Drive Mast 85cm / 33.5”
- TC60 Fuselage 60cm/23.5”
- Titanium Tail Trim Fairings 0° & +1°
- Titanium board mounting T-Nut and screws
- Stainless hardware with spares
- T30 torque driver
- Padded wing and mast covers
- Padded carrying case
What We Like
- The new HS625 wing is crazy fast! It is the smallest wing in the lineup that feels much faster than the HS1050.
- They have included a 85cm mast so you can burry the foil deeper below the surface and be able to handle the high speeds you ride at. The longer mast give you better upwind ability since you can really crank it over.
- Unlike other smaller wings we've tried, the HS625 gives you a high top speed without stability issues. It takes about 10-12mph to get going but comes on foil in a very controlled manner. Once you get on foil, you are then riding over 20mph in total control.
- With big wave foiling you want something that can handle the steep drops and will keep going faster if you need it to. The HS625 answers that need for speed.
- They designed the foil with flipped up winglets that add extra stability in this small of a foil wing. If you want to go extra fast, Armstrong put cut lines on the foil so you can cut the winglets off and go even faster!
- With the winglets the HS625 was a lot easier to ride than expected. It takes some speed to get up on foil, but once you are on foil, this wing is really controllable at speed.
- For higher wind riding, the HS625 is the must have kit. We love that this wing allows you to test the limits of how fast you can go, while remaining locked in and predictable! This wing does require a bit more skill to transition as you have to keep your speed up through sharp turns.
- Armstrong took the extra time and money to make a really top quality product. Their quality control is amazing and you can see it when you hold one of these foils in person.
- This is the most stable foil series on the market. You can't understand it until you have ridden a bunch of foils and have them vibrate like made through white water, prop wash or surface chop. Then you get on the Armstrong and you don't feel anything but the foil effortlessly gliding under your feet. This is a huge benefit for beginners that will allow you to have a more stable platform.
- The mast has a tapered design so that it is wide and super stiff at the top and narrower with some flex at the bottom. This allows it to absorb vibrations and it helps you get shorter radius turns.
- Armstrong pulled in experts from the Team New Zealand America's Cup foil design team as well as Robbie Whittall from Ozone kites to work on the foil designs and create their proprietary carbon lay ups.
- All the hardware is high end stainless steel and these screws turn into titanium. This means that there will be no corrosion ever. You can leave it together for as long as you want and it won't corrode.
- The wing covers and travel case are so simple and well thought out. They are super functional and simple.
What We Don't Like
- These foils are expensive. You get what you pay for, and it is worth spending up to get an Armstrong. The craftsmanship, durability and performance is second to none.
- This wing is geared toward someone with experience on a foil. If you want an easier to ride wing, you should consider the HS1050 which will have lower speed lift, goes slower, and it stays on foil easier than the HS625. If you are riding in turbulent water and want slower speeds and more lift then check out the CF800.
- The T30 tool that ships with the kit will rust out and break after a while. They do include a T30 stainless screwdriver tip. Careful not to overtighten if you are using a screw gun.
Why You Want the Armstrong HS625 Foil
No matter your ability level, you can appreciate the Armstrong Foils. They learned what fails on all other foils and have taken the time to address these issues with precision quality. The HS625 is a must have for the adrenaline junkies out there.