The Armstrong HS1550 Complete Foil Kit is a complete foil kit designed for high-performance foil surfing in small waves or for big riders. The new HS(High Speed) wing line is designed for the right balance of speed, turning, pumping, and low speed lift. Like all Armstrong foils, this kit is super easy to ride and ridiculously stable.
Armie Armstrong got fed up with all of the foils he was buying breaking, seizing together and not working like he wanted them to, so he put together an all-star team and Armstrong Foils were born. These are top quality foils with unique performance characteristics that make the foils really easy to learn with yet all the top pros are frothing to get their hands on them.
Armstrong HS1550 Complete Foil Weight: 7.7 Lbs or 3.49 Kg
- 12 Month Manufacture Warranty on all parts
- High end carbon construction with amazing quality control
- Modular "Future-Proof" design makes it pack up easily and ensures that your foil will still work when new wings come out
- Fuselage has a titanium rod as the core with 5mm carbon wrap
- Wing construction is high-density foam core which is encapsulated in Aramid cloth before being wrapped with 100% High Modulus Carbon
- Mast construction starts with multi-piece hardwood core, "secret" carbon lay up base layers, Aramid layers for strength and then 100% carbon cloth wrap
- HS1550 Front Wing
- Uni 300 Tail Wing
- 72cm Pedestal Mast
- TC60 Fuselage 60cm
- Titanium 0 degree rear wing shim
- Titanium board mounting T-Nut and screws
- Stainless hardware with spares
- T30 torque driver
- Padded wing and mast covers
- Padded carrying case
What We Like
- The new HS1550 wing is crazy good. It is a big wing but it doesn’t feel that much slower than the CF1200. The turning and pump is on point too.
- Unlike other big wings we have tried, the HS1550 does not buck you off the board at take off. It has a ton of low-speed lift and comes on foil in a very controlled manner. This wing is definitely easy enough for a beginner to ride. If you want the easiest wing to ride in this size, you should consider the CF1600 which will have lower speed lift, go slower, and it stays on foil easier than the HS1550.
- This kit is the perfect performance foil surfing kit for riders 180 lbs or larger.
- Wake surfers are regarding the HS1550 as the must have kit. They love that you can ride through the prop wash with out getting launched off your foil. Also, this wing turns fast in the tight pocket of a wake and is big enough to glide a few wakes back in the clean water.
- Armstrong took the extra time and money to make a really top quality product. Their quality control is amazing and you can see it when you hold one of these foils in person.
- This is the most stable foil on the market. You can't understand it until you have ridded a bunch of foils and have them vibrate like made through white water, prop wash or surface chop. Then you get on the Armstrong and you don't feel anything but the foil effortlessly gliding under your feet. This is a huge benefit for beginners that will allow you to have a more stable platform.
- There is no learning curve. You get better as soon as you start riding this foil.
- The mast has a tapered design so that it is wide and super stiff at the top and narrower with some flex at the bottom. This allows it to absorb vibrations and it helps you get shorter radius turns.
- Armstrong pulled in experts from the Team New Zealand America's Cup foil design team as well as Robbie Wittall from Ozone kites to work on the foil designs and create their proprietary carbon lay ups.
- All the hardware is high end stainless steel and these screws turn into titanium. This means that there will be no corrosion ever. You can leave it together for as long as you want and it won't corrode. Also the stainless going into titanium has a little more bite so the screws won't wiggle loose.
- The wing covers and travel case are so simple and well thought out. They are super functional and simple.
- These foils are expensive. You get what you pay for, and it is worth spending up to get an Armstrong. The craftsmanship, durability and performance is second to none.
- There are two different size tail wing screws that differ by 2mm. The diagram on the instruction sheet in the case very clearly shows this but some people have been thrown off so double-check the screw length. The spare tail wing screw is the shorter 20mm screw and it works in both the front or back spot. They made the stock front screw 22mm so you can get that extra turn to lock it in.
- The T30 tool that ships with the kit will rust out and break after a while. They do include a T30 stainless screwdriver tip. Careful not to overtighten if you are using a screw gun.
What We Don't Like
Why You Want the Armstrong HS1550 Foil
No matter your ability level, you can appreciate the Armstrong Foils. They learned what fails on all other foils and have taken the time to address these issues with precision quality. The HS1550 is quickly becoming regarded as the must have foil for small waves, pumping, SUP, wake and for bigger riders.
- HS1550 Front Wing
- Uni Tail Wing
- TC60 Fuselage 60cm/23.5"
- Drive Mast 72cm / 28.5”
- Tail Trim Fairing
- Mast Cover
- Wing Covers
- Carry Case
- Titanium Assembly Hardware
- Solid Titanium T Nut