The Armstrong CF1600 Complete Foil Kit is ideal for small waves or SUP foiling. This foil is super stable with the longer 70cm fuselage and bigger front wing.
Armie Armstrong got fed up with all of the foils he was buying breaking, seizing together and not working like he wanted them to, so he put together an all star team and Armstrong Foils were born. These are top quality foils with unique performance characteristics that make the foils really easy to learn with yet all the top pros are frothing to get their hands on them.
Armstrong 1600 Complete Foil Weight: 8.55Lbs or 3.88Kg
- 12 Month Manufacture Warranty on all parts
- High end carbon construction with amazing quality control
- Modular "Future-Proof" design makes it pack up easily and ensures that your foil will still work when new parts come out
- Fuselage has a titanium rod as the core with 5mm carbon wrap
- Wing construction is high-density foam core which is encapsulated in Aramid cloth before being wrapped with 100% High Modulus Carbon
- Mast construction starts with multi-piece hardwood core, "secret" carbon lay up base layers, Aramid layers for strength and then 100% carbon cloth wrap.
- CF1600 Front Wing
- Uni Tail Wing
- 72cm Pedestal Mast
- TC70 Fuselage 70cm
- Titanium 0 degree rear wing shim
- Titanium board mounting T-Nut and screws
- Stainless hardware with spares
- T30 torque driver
- Padded wing and mast covers
- Padded carrying case
What We Like
- Armstrong took the extra time and money to make a really top quality product. Their quality control is amazing and you can see it when you hold one of these foils in person.
- This is the most stable foil on the market. You can't understand it until you have ridded a bunch of foils and have them vibrate like mad through white water, prop wash or surface chop. Then you get on the Armstrong and you don't feel anything but the foil effortlessly gliding under your feet. This is a huge benefit for beginners that will allow you to have a more stable platform.
- There is no learning curve. You get better as soon as you start riding this foil.
- The mast has a tapered design so that it is wide and super stiff at the top and narrower with some flex at the bottom. This allows it to absorb vibrations and it helps you get shorter radius turns.
- Armstrong pulled in experts from the Team New Zealand America's Cup foil design team as well as Robbie Wittall from Ozone kites to work on the foil designs and create their proprietary carbon lay ups.
- All the hardware is high end stainless steel and these screws turn into titanium. This means that there will be no corrosion ever. You can leave it together for as long as you want and it won't corrode. Also the stainless going into titanium has a little more bite so the screws won't wiggle loose.
- The wing covers and travel case are so simple and well thought out. They are super functional and simple.
What We Don't Like
- These foils are expensive. You get what you pay for and it is worth spending up to get an Armstrong.
- There are two different size tail wing screws that differ by 2mm. The diagram on the instruction sheet in the case very clearly shows this but some have been thrown off so double check the screw length.
Why You Want an Armstrong Foil
The 1600 is a no nonsense big and easy surf foil. This is an excellent beginner foil for most sized riders in small waves and the front wing is big enough for down wind gliding and pumping. No matter your ability level, you can appreciate the Armstrong Foils. They learned what fails on all other foils and have taken the time to address these issues with precision quality.
The CF1600 Foil Kit is the versatile choice, perfect for learning or small waves and wake plus high wind downwind Foiling. No matter what style foil rider you are this setup delivers confidence inspiring performance across a huge range of conditions
- Surf: Heavier rider or super small surf conditions and pumping.
- Kiteboarding: Light wind choice for heavier riders.
- SUP: Lighter riders small waves, heavier riders in good surf
- Wake: Ideal for beginners or heavier weight riders.
- Downwind: Lighter riders or strong winds.
- Windsurf: Ideal for learning and in lighter winds.
- Front Wing area: 1600cm2 (248in2)
- Front Wing span: 780mm
CF1600 Front Wing|Uni Tail Wing|TC70 Fuselage 70cm/27.5"|Drive Mast 72cm / 28.5”|Tail Trim Fairing 0 degree|Mast Coaver|Wing Covers|Carry Case|Solid Titanium Assembly Hardware|Solid Titanium T Nuts