How do you make the best wave kite better? Make it more predictable, give it a leading edge bridal adjustment to change the feel for onshore and off shore conditions, and make it drift even better than before.
- Durable construction with a light weight feel
- Premium Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron Materials
- Three strut design
- VBG(Variable Bridle Geometry) leading edge bridle adjustment
- Extra large bag
What We Like
- Ozone owns their factory and make products to the highest manufacturing standard in the market.
- We LOVE the feel of the Reo V5. Very positive and precise.
- The kite feels like an extension of your body.
- The VBG leading edge adjustment allows you have two different kites in one. The onshore setting has more bar pressure and grunt and the offshore setting has a lighter bar feel and more depower.
- Best drift in the business. Even if you slack the lines the kite keeps drifting.
- Fast turns with no stall in the turn allows you to position the kite anywhere in the wind window.
- Controlled jumps for strapless airs that doesn’t rip you off the board and lets you down easily.
- Exterior bar bag is nice addition.
- The Reo doubles as a great kite for foilboarding due to the kite stability, drift and easy power delivery.
What We Don't Like
- Not much to not like about this kite as it is awesome.
- Quick turning so big airs can get out of control unless you are flying your kite right.
SINCE ITS INTRODUCTION SIX YEARS AGO THE REO HAS BEEN THE REFERENCE FOR PURE WAVE RIDING, SETTING THE BENCHMARK IN PERFORMANCE AND FEELING.
The Reo’s unique flying characteristics allow you to maximize the potential of every wave, giving you the freedom to smash the lip, clear a section, carve turns or snap in the pocket. Fast direct handling and perfect drift combined with amazing de-power and the ability to absorb gusts means you can choose exactly where you want to place yourself on a wave to make that next move.
The Reo V5 features our new stronger and lighter strut construction. The wingtip shape has also been refined with our new tapered tip and slim line deflector. We understand the importance of aerodynamics and weight saving especially on a kite where drift is imperative, so every detail has been refined to be as light as possible while maintaining the strength and integrity you expect from an Ozone product.
We’ve maintained the quick and easy re-launch - by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines, the Reo V5 will roll over and take off from the water in an instant. This is especially helpful if you’re stuck in the impact zone and need to get out of there fast!
The Reo V5 features our innovative Variable Bridle Geometry (VBG). The new bridle settings extend the kites operating range, bringing another level of versatility to this already outstanding design.SETTING 1: The way we know and love the Reo - a balanced and refined feeling from the kite with good forward speed perfect for most conditions, and excelling in cross to cross-off winds. The kite can sit further to the edge of the wind window when de-powered, drifting as you ride down the line. Setting 1 is the upper knot on the VBG Pigtails.
SETTING 2: A new feeling and characteristics - the kite sits a little further back in the wind window and tackles onshore conditions with ease. Increased bar pressure improves feeling from the kite when a wave is pushing with the wind. If you prefer a slightly heavier feel this could be the setting for you. Setting 2 is the lower knot on the VBG Pigtails.
- Designed with OZ-CAD
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron
- One-Pump Inflation System
- Back-line trimming options
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction
- Two Variable Bridle Geometry settings
- 4-line Pulley-less System
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Fool proof line connectors
- Anti-Flap Soft Battens
- Direct Connect Struts
- Internal reinforcements
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads
- Reinforced Trailing Edge
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors
- Unique bladder construction
- Double Stitched Folded Seams
- Load Distribution Panels
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts
Kite|Kite bag|User Manual