The Naish Pivot has gotten a facelift for 2020 with an entirely new inflation system and a much fatter wing tip to make it better for big air loops and drift in the surf.
- QuadTex canopy material is the stiffest and strongest ripstop on the market
- NEW high flow inflate tubes with external one pump system
- NEW durable inflation valve
- Adjustable turning speed with trailing edge pig tail
- Shark Teeth trailing edge construction
- Simple compact bridle system
- Molded bumpers and reinforcements
- Kite bag included
What We Like
- The Pivot has similar DNA and feel from the past Pivots, but this kite has had a major overhaul in shape. The wing tip is much fuller and more squared off giving the Pivot a much more stable feel in the sky, almost no flutter in aggressive turns, better drift, and better power through the turns.
- The Pivot still has that send you to the moon awesome high jump.
- Increase in stability and drift make this kite even better for the surf. These attributes translate to making it really easy for beginners too.
- Great cross over kite for flat water boosting and easy wave riding.
- Kite loops have gotten grunty and good and it "catches" a lot easier than in the past. The full wing tip pulls a lot cleaner though the window. No flutter keeps you connected with the kite through the full range too.
- Super crisp QuadTex material makes the canopy rigid with very little flutter. It also stays crispy longer so the wind range of your kite will keep for years to come.
- There is an increase in bar feel that gives you a better understanding as to where the kite is at all times. It won't get lost on you mid maneuver.
- Sharks Teeth trailing edge tech is a fancy name for reinforcing the trailing edge with alternating patterns of the QuadTex rip stop they use. This translates into less kite flutter and strength in the trailing edge that won't wear out.
- The Pivot is one of those silver bullet kites that works well for all ability levels, all conditions and all riding styles.
What We Don't Like
- The new inflation system is a great improvement especially if you tried to change a bladder in the Octopus System from the past. The inflate valve is simple and from their SUPs. If you haven't used it before you might deflate your kite a couple of times before getting it right. This new system seems really beefed up and solid but it might take you a few pumps to adjust.
- Since the kite doesn't deflate quite as small as it did with the Octopus System, the stock bags are a little tight. Previously you could directly deflate the struts from the valve, you could pack those kites down really small. With the new inflate system the kite is a little harder to make it that small and the bag size did not increase. This leads to a little harder time packing it up.
- The 2020 Pivot is so good that it makes the rest of the kites in the Naish line seem kind of unnecessary.
Why you want the 2020 Naish Pivot
The 2020 Pivot is the best kite that Naish has ever made. This is their flagship product and Naish should be proud of their 20 years of development leading to such an amazing kite. This kite works for the most extreme riders and conditions to straight up first time kiters.
2 times winner of Red Bull King of the Air, the Pivot is direct, versatile and efficient, maintaining its standout performer status in the Naish kite line. Perfect for both novice and professional kiters alike, the Pivot provides plenty of sheet-in-and-go, predictable power, direct bar pressure, easy jumping and control in the air. The superior choice for versatile performance, the Pivot maintains a large wind range, proving dynamic and responsive in everything from waves to flat water.
It has earned an impressive reputation for its intuitive steering and tight, quick axis of rotation and this new generation continues to push its capabilities even further. With the Quad-Tex material, we have managed to remove heavy dacron panels along the struts—reducing weight while retaining canopy rigidity. The leading edge seam is made with our exclusive thread that has tested off the charts in overall strength. The Pivot also comes with our exclusive Bladder Lock, which eliminates the risk of bladder movement in the leading edge and struts to ensure they stay in place when inflating, deflating, crashing or packing.
While the Pivot has received various tweaks and improvements that enhance the performance characteristics, it continues to stay true to its loyal following and remain as one of the most sought after kites worldwide.
- Quad-Tex Ripstop Fabric
- Shark Teeth Trailing Edge
- Precision turns on a small axis with minimal power increase in a turn
- ABS Bridle
- "Sheet-in-and-go" feel + easy jumping
- Quick water relaunch
- Natural drifting effect
- Constant leading edge taper
- SureLock Valve
- One Point Inflation System
- Kite Bag
- Set up Guide
- Surelock Inflation Valve Pump Adapter
- Control Bar and Pump Sold Separately