The Slingshot Raptor is an all new kite from Slingshot that is an easy to ride big air kite. If you like to boost, the Raptor is the one!
- 4x4 Quad Ripstop Dacron
- 5 Strut Rigid Frame
- No Pulley Simple Bridle
- One Pump
- Split Strut
- Adjustable Turning Speed
- New Monster Kite Bag
What We Like
- The Raptor likes to be powered. Really powered. The good news is that it can handle power and has a comfortable feel when you are litt.
- Comfortable hang time. The jump trajectory is very predictable on this kite. It has a bell curve style of jump. Easy up, hang out in the air for a while and come down smooth and controlled. The Raptor can go really huge if you get super powered up on it, but if you are less powered and learning to jump, it is controlled and predictable.
- Full wing tip means power through the turns. It doesn't have the buttery smooth turn like the SST, but it isn't far off. That is really amazing for a straight line big boosting kite. The full wing tip is a huge plus for us that makes the kite "feel good" when you turn. It also doesn't stall and surge due to the fuller wing tip on the Raptor.
- With any skinner or higher aspect kite, the kite will fly farther forward in the window and give you great upwind performance.
- Surprisingly good water relaunch. This feature combined with an easy ride makes this kite a nice all arounder that intermediate to advanced riders will love.
- The new bag is giant. You can put two kites in there if you want and there are two separate compartments for wet and dry gear. A nice upgrade for sure.
- This kite only goes up to a 12m in size. We wish they made a 14 and 16m of the Raptor too. With one of the best light wind kites of all time, the Turbine, in their line, then they probably don't need those big sizes, but we feel this shape would be sweet in larger sizes too.
- The Raptor isn't the best for really underpowered kite foiling. Since it has a heavier built 5 strut frame that is designed for rigidity in big winds, the light wind end of the spectrum isn't that great. If you really slack the lines foiling, the kite will stall rather than drifting for you.
What We Don't Like
Why you want the Slingshot Raptor V1
The Raptor is a great addition to the Slingshot line up. It goes big, is easy to ride and a super fun new kite from Slingshot. We feel that this kite is well suited for the weekend warrior to the hardcore big air riders.
If Go Big or Go Home is your motto, this is the kite to get you there. NEW to the Slingshot lineup for 2020, the RAPTOR is a hard-charging, high-flying, big air freestyle/freeride crossover designed for riders who want bigtime boostability and high-performance versatility. Designed by Slingshot’s own mad scientist, Tony Logosz, the RAPTOR features a five-strut, hybrid Open-C canopy and familiar Slingshot DNA that give it pro-level top end performance without sacrificing the safety or user friendly feel that appeals to broad range of riders.
- NEW kite for 2020 - Dedicated high-performance freestyle/freeride crossover
- NEW 4x4 Canopy Tech - The strongest and stiffest material on the market
- NEW Segmented swept wingtips
- Tuned for big boosts, lofty airs and aggressive performance
- Hybrid Open-C profile gives it all-conditions versatility and tons of wind range
- Canopy supported by five struts for maximum rigidity when boosting & looping
- Will make you at least 22% more radical than your friends
- NEW Kite bag
- Bladder patch kit
- Replacement IRS bungee