From Ocean Rodeo
We took everything we learned while developing our A-Series kite range and all the technological advancements and opportunities that the ALUULA composite material provides and implemented them into the A-Series wing design.
When we first revealed the ALUULA material to the public, there was reasonable and valid debate as to whether the hype would really match up to the material’s potential, and to the performance levels that we were promising. Happily, as we’re now hearing from every corner of the planet as more and more people put ALUULA to the test, the hype has lived up to our expectations, and then some…
Lighter, stiffer, stronger, and more responsive than the competition, a new standard has been set in wingsurfing with the A-Series wings, and it continues to develop as we explore the endless possibilities that ALUULA presents us.
Every Ocean Rodeo Glide wing is fitted with our interchangeable Matrix handle system. Wings come with the Matrix handles pre-installed, yet allow the rider to customize handles and positions at their preference.
- ALUULA ERGONOMIC SHAPED STRUT- Ergonomically shaped and built entirely out of the ultra light, ultra strong ALUULA composite material, the Glide A-Series’ strut increases profile stability, offers more rigidity and control, while also significantly reducing the weight on the trailing edge of the wing, keeping the strut up when one-handed drifting.
- QUAD LOCK SEAMS- Used specifically on the shaping seams of struts, Quad Lock stitching delivers more than twice the strength of standard strut seam constructs, and was another innovation specifically tailored for the ALUULA airframe wings.
- FULL ALUULA LE- Made entirely of ALUULA G-Series 82gsm composite, the A-Series airframe is the lightest, strongest and most responsive on the market. The leading edge can be tuned to higher inflation pressures than is possible with Dacron to allow further stiffness to the airframe.
- RIDGE LOCK SEAM- This innovative seam technology is designed specifically for ALUULA. The ridge moves the stress of the stitch holes and threads to the anti-compression ridge. Strategically located to add additional stability to the leading edge, the Ridge Lock Seam helps stabilize the wing in gusty and high wind conditions.
- KNUCKLE SAVER NEOPRENE HANDLE- You know the conditions are good when you chafe your knuckles during long downwind drifts. The leading edge behind the handle is padded with neoprene for improved comfort while the handle itself is stiffened to provide additional control while one handed wave riding.
- INDEPENDENT STRUT AND LEADING EDGE INFLATION- Individual leading edge and strut inflate / deflate valves specific pressures to be set for each spar. All Ocean Rodeo wings feature an industry-first high pressure strut which is safe at 12psi. Each size of Glide wing has a recommended PSI for the leading edge.
Ocean Rodeo A-Series Glide Weight (no leash)
- 3m 3.0 lbs
- 4m 3.6 lbs
- 5m 4.0 lbs
- 6m 4.4 lbs
- 7m 5.0lbs
- Wing Bag
- Wrist Leash
- Pump Sold Separately