• Hard or Soft: The Majestic X is Mystic's first true hard shell harness.
• Back Coverage: Medium back coverage with a low profile fit that gives you maximum range of motion.
• Padding: Memory foam in the lumbar. Grippy molded foam on the sides keep it from riding up. Nice padded foam around the top and bottom edges.
• Spreader Bar: Stock hook spreader bar with easy to use Click Bar 4.0. Hook knife included. Rope spreader bar sold separately for wave riding.
• What We Love: This is a premium harness that fits and works for everyone that likes waist harnesses. The dual compression strap does not slip while riding.
• Just Being Picky: The Click Bar 4.0 needs to be sand free to attach it properly so you should dunk your harness in the water before putting it on.
Mystic Majestic X Tech Specs:
• Aerospace engineered one piece carbon back plate
• Dual compression straps on both sides ensure a snug and slip-free fit
• Handle Pass Leash Attachment
• Short Leash Attachment on the Hook Spreader Bar
• Molded Foam and Memory Foam Padding
• Battle Belt Waist Closure
• Hook Knife integrated into into the Spreader Bar
• Click Bar 4.0 Works in Hot and Cold Temperatures
What We Like:
The Majestic X is the top of the line when it comes to kiteboarding harnesses. Mystic pulled out all the stops with the Majestic X. They come stock with the hammer head spreader bar and we strongly advise getting the rope sliding bar for kitesurfing. The rope spreader bar can be set up for Goofy or Regular stance.
This harness is immediately comfortable when you put it on. It is comfortable in the shop the first time you try it on and it is comfortable after 100 sessions on it. The foam is in all the right places. They put memory foam in the lumbar and put in some nice grippy molded foam on the sides to keep it from riding up.
The one piece carbon back plate is really supportive and evenly distributes the load from your kite. There is just enough flex to the ends of the hard shell that if you are using the hook bar and ride toeside, the harness will bend and not create any pressure points. Even though it bends a little, there is a beam that goes side to side on the harness that keeps it stiff where you need it. The lumbar support is mild on this hard shell which make it fit a wider range of people.
The Click Bar 4.0 works easily and helps you get in and out of your harness quickly. The double compression straps allow you to lock in and have no slippage while you are kiting. This harness has it all and everyone that rides it loves it.
Clean out your Click Bar 4.0 if you want to keep your harness on. We have not had any false releases with this version but you will have a really hard time getting it to click if there is sand on the spreader bar. We have not tested this in sub freezing temps, but this version is much easier to squeeze and release the spreader bar than the previous ones. We assume the change in plastics and updated version will work a lot better in freezing conditions.
The sizing is very straight forward and if you follow the size chart you will get the right size harness.
The graphics are painted on and they will scratch if you drag your harness through the parking lot. The harness is tough as can be and is made to last, but if you are rough on your gear, the graphics will get banged up.
Why you want a Mystic Majestic X Harness:
The Majestic X is a great answer back to the Ride Engine Hard Shell harness. Mystic has taken the concept that Ride Engine created and made it their own by adding in a lot of high end materials and accessories that have been proven in the Mystic line for over a decade. The fit and feel is not as aggressive as the Ride Engine, so if you love the hard shell concept but the Ride Engine didn't work for you, then seriously consider the Majestic X.
Mystics newest hard shell harness, built with the patented bionic core frame.
The Majestic X is our newest version of a hard shell harness. The harness is built around the patented bionic core frame, which is a semi rigid back support plate; its unique composite material is very stiff yet it allows more flexibility than conventional hard-shells. The Majestic X is an evolution on the very well-known Majestic harness with clear influences from the todays trend in hard-shell harnesses.
•Interior IV-Foam: Viscoelastic foam that shapes to your body.
•Full Carbon Bionic Core Frame: Stiff horizontally but able to twist with your body.
•Hip areas feature thermo molded foam for comfort.