From Liquid Force
The WOW v4, with a complete redesign, offers wave seekers and strapless surf freestylers a kite with effortless flying characteristics. This kite lets you focus on pulling the next move, making unmakeable sections, and placing yourself perfectly in the pocket. Our goals for the WOW v4 were to improve response from the bar, increase turning speed, and tighten the axis point radius of the turning arc while retaining the superior slack line drift the WOW has always been known for. To accomplish this, our design change started with an exploration of a completely new profile and shape. After countless hours of computer-aided design, numerous prototypes and months of testing, we have arrived at a new profile arc and a new “boxey” shape that meet all of our design goals. Increased bar response improves the intuitive feel, rapid pivotal turning axis lets you precisely place the kite where you want it and the smooth power delivery can easily be dumped on demand to handle erratic and gusty wind or to grant complete depower for surfing without the power of the kite. We didn’t stop with just a new profile and overall shape. The wingtips of the WOW v4 have evolved to be more elongated, so the kite can handle more rear-line tension. This helps eliminate back-stalling and provides rapid re-launch. It also permits a more aggressive use of the new profile in lighter wind, making it possible to size down and ride with confidence. Legendary Liquid Force bomb-proof construction combines with newly added performance features, including the use of Teijin Triple Ripstop canopy and an infused strut connection that adds stiffness to the overall canopy profile, making for a reactive platform that reduces distortion and flutter.
- Lightweight: Lightweight 3 strut platform offering excellent canopy stability and superior drift.
- Arc Shape: “Boxey” shape and low profile for quick pivotal axis turning, smooth power delivery and easy-to-manage depower.Text
- Profile: Low profile diameter leading edge that allows for quick directional changes and rapid movement through the wind window.
- Material: Teijin Triple Ripstop and Dacron material provide strength, UV protection and tear resistance that’s specifically developed for harsh kite surfing conditions.
- Bridle: Simple no pulley bridle support. Lightweight and responsive by design. The lack of pulleys creates a more direct connection from rider to kite while eliminating unwanted weight on the leading edge.
- Max Flow: Inflating your kite should be easy, and with the exclusive Liquid Force Max Flow valve and pump system, it is! The widemouthed setup is nearly effortless and 40 percent faster.
- Tapered LE Tips: this LE wingtip design, combined with the LF tape batten prevents accidental bridle wraps.
- One Pump System: Single point inflation system will inflate and deflate your struts automatically.
- LE English Stitch Seams: Clean, inter locked, fray free design that creates a strong bond.
- Tension Trailing Edge: Reduces flutter, creates efficiency and increases TE strength
Kite|Kite Bag|Manual|Patch kit
- Control Bar and Pump Sold Separately