…Lost Surfboards has really hit the nail on the head with their incredible “domesticated” series of boards including the Bottom Feeder, Couch Potato and LayZBoy. The new …Lost RV contains an equal dose of each of these boards with a hidden dose of …Lost Rocket thrown in for good measure. The RV is one of the most maneuverable boards in the range and still has an open sweet spot like the Couch Potato and LayZboy. The thinner profile and added vee in the back half of the board allow you to throw turns and spray at higher speeds with total confidence.
…Lost RV Tech Specs:
• Flat rocker
• Full length vee bottom shape
• Reduced nose and tail area
• Thinner Profile
What we like:
The …Lost Domesticated Series is the first line of surfboards, designed from scratch, for the real world surfer. Think about it…most boards out there are design tweaks from boards initially designed for pros. The main reason the domesticated boards are so popular is that they WORK for NORMAL surfers and make you a better surfer in your very first session. They also have a huge range for normal surfers. They actually make being “normal” feel “special”!
The RV fills the gap in the lineup with it’s pointed nose, thinner nose profile with a touch more rocker (aka Rocket), double wing squashtail and overall slightly thinner profile. It will still grovel when you need it to, and it will always be the loosest, most maneuverable board in the range, still holding a wide open sweet spot for trimming, or taking off in the wrong spot on the board. The Bottom Feeder is equally as loose, but more focused on the low-end range, with more of a locked in stance position on the board.
With so many choices in the domesticated series, we thought it would be helpful to provide a quick breakdown:
• Couch Potato : Ultimate groveler with wide open sweet spot. Milk the smallest waves with the ability to turn hard or trim.
• Bottom Feeder : Power groveler for more performance based surfers who like a locked in stance and snappier turns. This one surfs the most like a performance shortboard or hybrid, with the easiest transition back and forth to it.
• LayZboy : The Swiss Army Knife of surfboards with incredible single board range. Wide open sweet spot with great turning, carves and trim. Easily works from thigh high up to overhead surf.
• RV : A more maneuverable domesticated shape for those that seek even harder turns and snaps, late drops and warp-9 high speed turns. You loose the rock bottom low end but you gain maneuverability and a touch more control at top speed plus retail the ability to trim when needed.
Too many choices? That’s one way to look at it. But after you surf them all, you realize they all have their place. Not necessarily all in one quiver, but definitely to suit all the different surf styles and quiver gaps out there. The RV is the perfect fit for those looking for a sleeker nose design with more maneuverability and top end performance.
Why you want a …Lost RV
You like the domesticated concept, you’ve just been waiting for a sexier looking package. This board is a great compliment to a Couch Potato for a killer 2-board domesticated quiver, or as your first domesticated shape with great all around performance in real world conditions.
Learn More: Board Discussion & Reviews