A fresh fun update to this years most popular Alternative HP Shortboard model. Developed for Taj, and his ongoing testing of slightly alternative designs, its meant to allow him to ride the BB in the more raw and rugged surf around his home in WA.
This board has a minor cosmetic blem that is the result of either a irregularity in the resin or blank, or a professional repair that is watertight and smooth to the touch. See thumbnail photo.
5'10" x 19.5" x 2.38" Vol:29.5L
BABY BUGGY ROUND
New, for Fall '16", The Baby Buggy Round"…AKA "Baby Thumb". A fresh fun update to this years most popular Alternative HP Shortboard model. Developed for Taj, and his ongoing testing of slightly alternative designs, its meant to allow him to ride the BB in the more raw and rugged surf around his home in WA. By swapping the standard squash for a "Baby Thumb" tail, we have reduced the surface are in only the last few inches of the board (leaving the 12" point the same) thus adding a bit more bite and hold, making for a slightly more precise turning radius, and confidence at high speeds. The Baby Thumb extends the range of waves the BB can and will excel in without diminishing its small wave prowess. Everything else remains the same (Width, and overall volume, rocker rails etc). We don't consider this a step up, just a little twist which adds some flair and control in punchy or bigger waves, without ruining the fun in the slop.
Carbon Wrap Technology: Lightweight, without sacrificing strength. Increases drive and provides and unique and lightning fast re-flex effect, propelling your surfing into the next level of performance.
• Ultra light, fused cell, EPS blanks provide the core for our unique construction. They are shaped and then "wrapped" in an exoskeleton of strategically positioned, carbon fiber bands.
• Aligned together at the nose, our exclusive carbon fiber bands run the length of the board, curving outward towards the rails, creating and controlling our unique longitudinal and torsional flex pattern.
• The carbon bands "wrap" around the rails and onto the deck. It's this unique method that creates our lively flex that loads and releases...resulting in speed and drive.
• The carbon that runs to the tail acts as a power point (for drive and control) under the rear foot and also as a tail patch to minimize pressure denting.
• "Web-fused" carbon deck reinforcement: Adds strength and drive, smoothly tapers flex and prevents the deck from carving rail to rail.
• 45 degree "X-Glass" adds impact and longitudinal strength, with minimal weight and encourages flex. This radiates foot pressure outward to a longer section of the rail, adding greater edge control.
• Using optically brightened epoxy resin, the boards are then laminated with a proprietary composite of fiberglass and carbon fiber.
• Carbon Wrap increases drive and provides a unique and lightning fast re-flex effect, propelling your surfing into the next level of performance.
Learn More: Board Discussion & Reviews