From JS Industries
Made for our Black Baron. Compatible with Futures plugs.
Designed for maximum drive in ultra-fast boards like the Black Baron, this large template is meant to be ridden as a pure twin fin. Its high area overall, full tip and longer base provides incredible amounts of instant acceleration and projection down the line, while still maintaining release out of the lip and through turns.
Our JS Industries x MFC Hawaii collaboration is one of the only fin constructions in the surfing world to use epoxy resin instead of poly resin. And in our endless pursuit of going as fast as possible on a wave, we found this layup to be the best and most reliable.The fin construction includes a Soric SF2 core to reduce weight and provide stiffness, then two layers of 200gr external carbon, one layer of 120gr glass, and of course the RTM technology featuring epoxy resin instead of polyester.
MFC Hawaii (established 1986) have devoted more than 30 years now to creating the best fins possible, by innovating at every stage of construction. They tirelessly work towards the title of world's fastest fins, which makes them the perfect partner for the world's fastest surfboards. From our extensive range of boards including small wave fishes, high performance shortboards and big wave guns, to these fins, JS is always Built For Speed.
Epoxy fins vs polyester fins
- Epoxy fins are more reactive, meaning a faster response time.
- Epoxy resin has a longer life during usage.
- Epoxy has a load of approx. 1800/2000lb x square inch vs 500/600lb x square inch of the poly resin.
- Consequently, at high speed the epoxy fin is more reactive because it's able to handle the extra load. When the fin flexes it comes back faster, giving you a stronger spring back.
- Shelf life is longer. After a bit of time the poly fins become softer and lose their flexibility properties, while epoxy has a much longer life both in storage and in the water.
|Spec||Twin Fin||Keel Fin|