• Hard or Soft: Soft and flexible harness.
• Back Coverage: Medium back coverage.
• Padding: Memory foam inserts and plush seamless padding around the perimeter means a soft and cushy ride.
• Spreader Bar: Dual compression straps that use simple and strong tie down strap buckles that won't slip. Push button spreader bar release is the best in the business.
• What We Love: The Vertex Select has a ton of high tech features that lend this harness to be flexible and super plush. The memory foam inserts are in the perfect spot to offer extra padding with out bulking up this harness. No molded foam means the harness can slide around when you ride toeside.
• Just Being Picky: If you wear this harness too loose, it will ride up since there is no molded material to keep it from sliding.
Vertex Select Tech Specs:
• Super soft and plush with out being overly padded and bulky.
• Cross Link spectra lines connect both sides of the harness.
• Hook Knife
• Handle Pass Leash Attachment
• D-ring Short Leash Attachment
• Push button spreader bar release.
• Four strap compression using tie down strap buckles to keep you locked in.
• Memory foam blocks added to the sides and lumbar.
Who the Vertex Select is for:
The Vertex Select is our favorite harness from Ion. It fits everyone and feels comfortable from the first time you put it on. The straps are easy to work and tension down. The harness is very soft and flexible, and it takes very little break in time. It works for freestyle to wave riding and everything in between.
The smooth interior allows the harness to twist when you are riding toeside.
The Cross Link tech gives you a supportive harness with out the bulk or stiffness of a hard shell.
The Vertex Select is a comfortable, lightweight harness designed for all styles of riding.
-Invisible Seam: Seamlessly connecting the supporting structure with the Soft Edge, ensures a smooth transition from the mid section of the harness to the neoprene rim.
-Extended Soft Edge: A new, extended soft edge that bends sideways at the hips and ribs for a more forgiving feel, enhanced by a special foam padding.
-Cross Link: A crossed-over, reinforced webbing for effective load distribution across the back.
-Torsion Free Construction: A reinforced and split, internal construction that gives the harness flex in all directions.
Wrap Tec: Pre-shaped construction that allows the harness to wrap perfectly around the body, offering additional support.
-HPL Slider: Slim sliding tube to connect with the handle pass leash. New end-stopper fittings.
-Push Button Spreader Bar: Save and easy release system for the spreader bar.
-Belt Garage: New neoprene pockets cover buckles with a protective rubber patch, giving slick and easy storage of excess webbing.
-Bar Keeper Belt Waist Harness: The belt construction connects the lower part of the spreader bar to the lower part of the harness, thereby the Bar_Keeper_Belt helps to keep the spreader bar in the low position.
-Kite Knife: Safety knife to cut the kite lines in dangerous situations.
-Floating Buckle System: A new feature that provides improved comfort and support by allowing the buckle to rotate both horizon- tally and vertically.
-Split Edge: The dived buckle plate allows the harness to stay close to your body and to transfer all forces equally.
-Neo Belt: A new and improved technical feature, designed to increase the feeling of flex, twist and overall comfort of wave and freestyle riding.
-X-Spine: X-style shaped and thermo moulded EVA protection that protects the back without stiffening the harness.
- Key Wire Tec: Delivering an even load distribution across the harness, with added support.
- Memory Foam: A foam composition which creates a perfect ergonomic fit by adapting to the shape of the riders body.
Line Concept: Also dubbed the Twist harness, the VERTEX SELECT is jam-packed with a mouthwatering amount of ION’s high tech features making this harness perfect for waves. The refined Wire_Tec and its complementing X_Spine technology provide balanced load distribution.