• Hard or Soft: Soft with interior Texon back plate.
• Back Coverage: Extra Large back coverage.
• Padding: Memory foam and molded foam blend and offer comfortable locked in harness that is not bulky.
• Spreader Bar: Dual compression straps compression straps on the sides with additional spreader bar down strap keeps you locked in with no slip ever. Minimalist spreader bar pad doesn't get bunched up.
• What We Love: The DK Pyro is really comfortable and the XL back coverage supports your back well. The blend of interior foams get you locked in and the harness does not twist on you.
• Just Being Picky: This harness runs big. The back size is a lot bigger than other harnesses of the same size, so size it small. The five strap system is not the easiest to get in or out of the harness. Dunking it in the water first always seems to help getting it synched down.
Pyro Tech Specs:
• Texon back plate molds over time.
• 5 Strap compression system.
• Hook Knife
• Handle Pass Leash Attachment
• D-ring Short Leash Attachment
• Push button spreader bar release.
• Memory foam and molded foam blend.
• Maniac and Option spreader bar compatible.
Who the Pyro is for:
The Pyro is the top seller from Dakine and it has undergone a full rebuild for 2017. This harness is a great option for taller kiters or someone that wants a lot of back coverage. It is like leaning back into a lay-z-boy recliner.
Once you have the Pyro locked in and in the right spot, this harness is not going anywhere. It takes a bit or work to get all the straps locked down, but the end result is that the spreader bar will not slide at all.
Dakine has the best harness construction in the business. They are built tough and you will get a lot of support from the Pyro for a lot of sessions to come.
The Dakine Pyro Kiteboard harness builds on Dakine's long heritage in kiteboarding to offer a fuller profile waist harness. The Pyro features an Adaptive Fit Composite back panel with Texon counter/stiffener, which offers the ultimate responsiveness and an improved custom fit with every wearing. Fit is further enhanced with featherweight ES foam molded interior, a pre-curved P.E.B. inner support structure and memory foam pressure point relief zones to keep you out on the water longer. The Pyro features the easy-connect/disconnect push button Hammerhead spreader bar and freedom shape spreader bar pad. The Pyro is also compatible with the sliding Maniac spreader bar and the dual fixed/sliding Option spreader bar.
Adaptive Fit Composite back panel with TexonÂ® counter/stiffener
Push button hammerhead spreader bar
Freedom shape spreader bar pad
Memory foam pressure point relief zones
Dual blade hook knife
Pre-curved P.E.B. inner support structure
Featherweight ES foam molded interior
Spreader bar hold down webbing strap
Two side key / knife pockets with elastic loop
Independent primary and secondary power belt
Integrated handle and leash attachment
Left or right side leash attachment rings
Option spreader bar compatible
2 Year Limited Warranty