The Core Nexus 2 has been updated with a more aggressive shape and a few construction specs like the ExoTex Light Dacron struts that make it one of the most versitile kites on the market. The Nexus is the perfect kite for someone that wants one kite for freeride, waves, foil and loops.
- CoreTex Triple Ripstop with "Special" Coating Canopy Material
- CoreTex Light Ripstop used on Nexus 2 LW 15m & 17m
- ExoTex Super Stiff Dacron leading edge
- ExoTex Light Dacron struts
- High flow inflate Speed Valve 2
- New One Pump inflation system placement
- Increased wing tip size give you more power through the turns
- Adjustable turning speed with trailing edge pig tail
- CIT Leading Edge Adjustment Loops
- Compact Bridle
- Kite Repair Kit Included
- Kite Bag Included
What We Like
- This kite works great for a lot of different kiteboarding styles. We love the versatility of the Nexus 2. Everyone that rides it, has only good things to say about it.
- The crazy stability overhead makes it really easy to handle for beginners or in gusty conditions.
- When you jump the Nexus 2, it has a very predictable bell curve jump that allows your progression to go through the roof.
- The increased wing tip size significantly improved how this kite loops. The Nexus 2 pulls through the loop and will catch you when it goes overhead. It loops so well that one of the core team riders used it at King of the Air.
- The lighter weight struts make the Nexus drift noticeably better for kite surfing and foiling.
- The CIT knots on the LE were changed to loops which keeps the bridle from getting caught on self launches or water relaunches.
- The Nexus 2 LW has increased low end power and the full wing tip make it a fast turning performance big kite.
- Core’s construction is second to none. The finish work and quality of materials make these kites last 4x any other kite brand in the REAL Rental Shop.
What We Don't Like
- The Nexus 2 is a little lost in Core’s kite line up. It improved as a surf kite, foil kite, looping kite and jumping kite. It came closer to the XR6, GTS6, Xlite and Section so some customers are confused what to get. We tell our customers that the Nexus 2 is right for you if it is your first kite or you want one kite that does it all.
Why you want the Core Nexus 2:
- The Core Nexus 2 is a high performance multi sport kite that a beginner can buy and progress on. The easy to ride attributes make this kite a great set up for progressing on for any level of kiteboarder.
Meet the Nexus 2 with new ExoTex Light struts. An athletic kite that is never too cool to learn a new trick. Whether it's on your favorite surfboard or twintip, the Nexus 2 brings incredible versatility to wave and freestyle riding.
The secret behind the Nexus 2’s versatility is its highly refined three strut Future-C shape and proprietary materials. It combines the proven surf profile of the Section with the kiteloop pedigree of the GTS. Just set the kite’s CIT Modes to match the beach conditions and go have fun.
Nexus 2 Lightwind
Meet the Nexus 2 LW with ExoTex Light. An athletic kite that is never too cool to learn a new trick in super light winds. Whether it's on your favorite surfboard or twintip, the Nexus 2 LW brings incredible versatility to wave and freestyle riding.
The secret behind the Nexus 2 LW’s’ versatility is its highly refined three strut Future-C shape and proprietary materials. It combines the proven surf profile of the Section with the kiteloop pedigree of the GTS. And now the LW’s leading edge and struts are made with our newest dacron - ExoTex Light which is 10% lighter than before. Just set the kite’s CIT Modes to match the beach conditions and go have fun.
- CIT MODES: Fully adjustable kite handling characteristics.
- 3 STRUT LIGHT FRAME: Promotes better handling.
- FUTURE-C SHAPE: True C-kite feel. For snappy turns with a controlled and consistent pull.
- RADICAL REACTION TIPS: C-style shaped wingtips for faster bar response.
- EXOTEX® ULTRA RIGID DACRON: Zero stretch airframe.
- CORETEX® TRIPLE RIPSTOP CANOPY: Extreme durability and UV protection.
- EXOTEX® LIGHT STRUTS (NEW): For improved flight and drift.
- ULTRA SHORT BRIDLE SYSTEM: Improved kite feedback.
- SURF PROFILE: Modified camber for improved drifting and balance.
- INSTANT RELAUNCH: Reliable waterstarts
- SPEED VALVE 2: Quick, reduced effort inflation.
- 6 YEAR PARTS GUARANTEE
- High-End Backpack
- Repair Kit
- 3m Line Extensions ship with Lightwind kites
- Control Bar and Pump Sold Separately