The North Kiteboarding Reach is their three strut do everything kite. It jumps well, turns quickly and is balanced enough to ride with the foil. The Reach is the North kite that you can use as a beginner and never grow out of.
- Proven Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material and TechnoForce 160gsm Dacron.
- Pre-stretched low drag pulley-less bridle creates responsive turning.
- Exo-Skeleton Dacron frame and struts keeps kite ridged with no flappy flappy.
- Proprietary inflate valve allows any pump to screw on with no inflate valve needed.
- Duralite foam padding on leading edge keeps leading edge off the ground to reduce wear.
- Full bodied wing tip for pull through the turns and looping bliss.
- Canopy arc and profile optimized for efficient airflow.
- Neoprene padded foil and mast cover included
- Kook proof red and green pigtails with trailing edge attachments that have only one knot so you have the right one every time.
- Kite repair kit included.
- Kite bags come in four sizes so all kites have the right sized bag.
What We Like
- The North Reach is the right kite for 90% of their customers. It is easy to ride and has a predictable feel. That makes it easy and stable for the beginner kiteboarder.
- The larger sizes have a bunch of low end power and still turn quickly.
- North calls this their “Desert Island Kite” and we agree. This kite works well for all disciplines.
- We were most impressed with how predictable the Reach is. You always know where the kite is so you can progress at any level.
- The Reach drifted better than expected so we really enjoyed it in the waves.
- Surprisingly it is an excellent kite for recreational kite foiling too. The power delivery in turns is slow and steady so it does not feel out of control on the foil.
- North has been doing a great job with quality control. There is a lot of attention to detail on their products that ensure they last a long time.
- The bridle line is pre-stretched and then cut so that it will stay the same the entire life of the kite. Most kites the bridle lines stretch and the performance gets a lot worse as you take more sessions. Also, they use thin kite line that significantly reduces drag.
- The kite pigtails are the same as the bar pigtails. Having one back up set allows you to have a spare for the kite or the bar. They are also green and red like they should be. It is a sailing thing that only took the kiteboarding industry 20 years to get right.
What We Don't Like
- North has a lot of kites that look the same in their line up. There are three kites that have three struts and look similar. The Reach is the most versatile of all of their kites but it can be confusing when you look at their line up.
- They recommend that the kite is pumped up to 6psi on the bigger sizes. We recommend pumping this kite to 8psi to give it a little more rigidity in the sky.
Why you want the North Reach
- The Reach is the do everything kite for everyone. We have yet to find a rider that didn’t enjoy their sessions on the Reach.
A lively and playful all-rounder for big jumps, upwind performance and effortless relaunch, our Reach Performance Freeride is the one kite you’ll always reach for.
Evolved from a calculated fusion of the Orbit, Pulse and Carve, this versatile kite is designed to excel in every condition, from wave-riding to boosts, loops and freestyle tricks, and is the perfect match for our Sonar Foils. The fuller profile generates power and efficiency, while it’s lighter 3-strut construction delivers quick, responsive steering in even the lightest wind.
In the larger 13m and 15m sizes the Reach is a powerful lightwind kite, designed with a predictable, consistent drive forward for twin tip riding long after everyone else has gone in.
Your Desert Island KiteLively and playful all-round performer, with unparalleled versatility and wind range.
Confident RelaunchModerate LE Diameter and swept design helps the kite to release quickly from the water.
Upwind DriveEfficient, draft-forward profile
Fun and NimbleWith effortless park and ride and an open arc design for boosts and loops with a reliable catch.
Lightwind OptimisedStable and balanced fuller profile delivers power and efficiency in every condition.
Travel LightlyLighter weight 3-strut construction - ready for any adventure.
Tactile HandlingExcellent for wave-riding and foiling.
HyperFlow inflation systemHigh volume single point inflation system with larger diameter hose for rapid inflation and deflation. Bayonet style main inflation valve compatible with most pumps. No adapter needed.
DuraLite seam protectionLightweight reinforcement to protect from chafing and abrasion along the struts to the leading edge. Thin foam padding is inserted underneath and forms a lightweight durable buffer to lift the kite slightly off rough surfaces and protect the stitching along the struts and leading edge seams.
Teijin Techno Force D2Premium high-density canopy material made in Japan, using high tenacity polyester yarn for lightness, high tearing strength and high endurance. Teijin Techno Force has the highest strength to weight ratio and longest durability in the industry.
Steering impulse optionBar pressure/steering impulse wing tip tuning options let you fine tune the kite to your personal preference.
Low-drag Pre-stretched Bridle linesSpliced, pre-stretched bridle lines with less parasitic drag for greater aerodynamic performance. Our new manufacturing method to pre-load and measure the bridle lines before cutting improves accuracy and consistency. This combined with quality materials, results in reduced shrinkage, reduced elongation and improved longevity.
No-pulley bridlesSimplified. Less breakage. Removing the plastic pulleys from within the load-bearing part of the kite improves safety and your connection to the kite. The result is lower drag, more accuracy and a more direct feeling as the kite powers more evenly through the turn.
- Kite|Kite Bag|Repair Kit
- Control Bar and Pump Sold Separately