The Slingshot Rally GT is a new kite in the Slingshot line that is focused on making kiteboarding easy. If you want an easy sheet in and go type of feel, then check out the Rally GT.
- 4x4 Quad Ripstop Dacron
- 3 Strut Rigid Frame
- No Pulley IRS Bungee Bridle
- One Pump
- Split Strut
- Adjustable Turning Speed
- New Monster Kite Bag
What We Like
- The Rally GT is really easy to ride. The focus of this kite is to get beginners/intermediates on the water and get them kiteboarding.
- Everything about the Rally GT is predictable. There is enough bar feel and the kite turns slow enough that you can feel where it is going. These aspects of this kite were designed with the beginner in mind, and we can tell you that beginners are loving it.
- The IRS bridle has replaced a pulley with a bungee line. This is like a shock absorber on the bridle so you don't feel the kite surge in gusty conditions.
- The full profile and super swept wing tips make this kite one of the easiest to water relaunch on the market. It will pretty much water relaunch on its own.
- Easy to understand size range allows you to build your quiver and not get confused on what sized kites for what conditions. They made all the sizes and decided to trim the line to the kites that worked the best.
- The new bag is giant. You can put two kites in there if you want and there are two separate compartments for wet and dry gear. Nice upgrade for sure.
- The performance of this kite is over hyped and the Rally GT is not a performance kite. Slingshot says that it "Boosts, Loops, Drifts and Unhooks" when what it does best is go straight, rides easily, eats gusts and water relaunches.Yes you can do those performance things on it, but the RPM better suits the description above.
- There is so much curve in the leading edge that you really need to make sure that this kite is secured down to the beach when you are rigging. The sweep and curve in the leading edge is what makes it easy to relaunch, but if you put the kite down on the beach and walk away without securing it down with sand, you might be chasing it down the beach.
- We wished they did not use the Rally name as this doesn't feel much like the Rally of past. People that are looking for an upgrade from the Rally will love the Slingshot Raptor V1.
What We Don't Like
Why you want the Slingshot Rally GT
The Rally GT is super easy to kite with. This kite will fix a lot of mistakes that you make on the water. The new bridle system eats gusts as well. This kite is best suited for the beginner to intermediate kiteboarder looking to progress.
The NEW Rally GT is the evolution of our most popular and versatile freeride crossover kite. With a distinctly different outline than prior years, the Rally GT has been redesigned to better fill the position in our lineup as the true all-riders, all-conditions, one-kite-wonder. A NEW three-strut canopy design, lower aspect ratio and stubby, swept wingtips give it playfully quick steering and response with ginormous wind range and depower. The relaunch on this kite takes little more than the flick of a wrist, then sheet and go with super smooth power delivery. While our other kites gravitate toward a specific condition or discipline of riding, the Rally GT is designed to be the golden child of our lineup- good at everything, bad at none.
- NEW Three-strut canopy is lighter, more agile and responsive
- NEW Segmented swept wingtips
- NEW For 2020, the redesigned Rally GT is more versatile and user-friendly than ever
- NEW 4x4 Canopy Tech - The strongest and stiffest material on the market
- The ultimate all-around crossover kite
- Lighter, faster, more range and depower, easier relaunch than prior Rally models
- Boosts, loops, drifts, unhooks - this kite does it all
- The most well-behaved kite in our lineup, inspires confidence and progression
- NEW Kite bag
- Bladder patch kit
- Replacement IRS bungee