Naish recently released the three strut Triad and claimed that it is the right kite for 99% of kiteboarders, but is it right for you? If you like a stable and easy to ride kite then the Triad is a winner.
- QuadTex canopy material is the stiffest and strongest ripstop on the market
- New Luff Strut technology on the center strut
- High flow inflate valve with Octopus Inflation System on the struts
- Adjustable turning speed with trailing edge pig tail
- Shark Teeth trailing edge construction
- Simple compact bridle system
- Molded bumpers and reinforcements
- Kite bag included
What We Like
- This is a great beginner to intermediate kite. It is really confusing looking at Naish's marketing since the Pivot and Triad have similar design specs and are both labeled as all around kites. The Triad is a lower aspect slower turning kite and the Pivot is a higher aspect faster turning kite.
- The Triad has a medium bar pressure so you feel the kite no matter where it is in the wind window.
- This kite has a sheet in and go feel that makes it so easy to ride.
- Turning is moderate which keeps you from getting into trouble by over steering the kite.
- Jumping was surprisingly good and very predictable.
- The Luff Strut is really high tech and changes the kite's profile depending on how powered you are. This translates to very consistent power output.
- The Octopus inflation system is awesome for easily, fully deflating the struts. This means that you can pack up your Pivot a lot smaller than other kites you might have.
What We Don't Like
- People are confused between the Pivot and the Triad. We spell out the differences in our videos and reviews but it is hard to understand the differences between the two from what Naish is saying.
- In really underpowered conditions we had some difficulty relaunching the Triad. Regularly powered it was a no brainer for water relaunch, but when foiling in low winds with it, we had to work a little more to get it to roll over.
Why you want the 2019 Naish TriadThe 2019 Naish Triad is a very predictable and well-rounded kite. It can do anything but excels in the hands of a beginner to intermediate that loves cruising..
The new Triad, is much more than an evolution of the Ride, it’s been redesigned and
re-engineered. We’ve taken the original iconic user-friendly design and developed it further
to be even more versatile and provide a whole new riding experience.
This new, three-strut frame provides greater stability. The center luff strut creates great low
end power, allowing the kite to drift and providing great sheet-in-and-go. The stiffer center
also increases the Triad’s wind range, providing improved handling in stronger winds and
gusty conditions. It also allows us to move the two outer struts lower for a more direct bar
feel and improved turning ability.
Its low aspect ratio and gradual curve in the wingtip produce smooth turns and very predictable flying. This is perfect for anyone who prefers steady movements over a more punchy kite.
Mistakes are minimal with the Triad, so no need to worry if you oversheet it, dive it too hard, or overfly your kite. It also has great wing stability when resting on the water—so you have plenty of time to make adjustments before relaunching. Smooth-flying, stable and forgiving, the Triad gives riders plenty of time to react and plenty of room to grow, so you’re in complete control at all times. From complete beginners, to kiters looking to improve, to those seeking an easy-riding experience, anyone looking for an easy to control kite will enjoy the Triad.
- This 3-strut platform makes it the easiest, most versatile kite around.
- Forgiving Control
- Easy Handling
- Great Sheet-in-and-go
- Smooth Power Delivery
- Stable & Neutral When Not Engaged
- Effortless Water Relaunch
- Amazing Wing Stability*When resting on the water
- Quad-Tex-Most advanced Kite canopy on the market
- Bladder Lock-Secures Bladder ends
- High Tensile Thread-Strong, high-tensile thread fortifies the leading edge.
- Shark Teeth Trailing End-Reduces weight + minimizes and dispersing canopy flutter
Kite|Kite Bag|Manual|Patch kit
- Control bar and pump Sold Separately