The Core XR6 is the one kite on the market that does it all. This kite holds the Woo World Record for jumping 32 meters(105 feet !). The XR is also the most popular teaching kite at REAL. We aren't sure how Core made a kite that is the highest jumping kite and also such an amazing kite for learning on, but we love it!
- CoreTex Triple Ripstop with "Special" Coating
- CoreTex Light Ripstop used on XR6 LW 15m, 17m & 19m
- Exotech Super Stiff Dacron
- High flow inflate Speed Valve 2
- New One Pump inflation system placement
- Adjustable turning speed with trailing edge pig tail
- CIT Leading Edge Adjustment Knots
- Pulleyed Bridle for mega wind range
- Kite Repair Kit Included
- Kite bag included
What We Like
- This kite works for almost every kiteboarding style and type of rider. Everyone loves the Core XR6. It is the kite that all of our REAL Coaches pick first for teaching lessons on. For the big wind days, the XR is the number one choice for getting BIG BIG Air!
- The XR6 has more wind range per kite size than any other kite we have tested. They attribute this big range to the bridle design with pulleys. The XR6 is the only kite that you have full steering even when the kite is fully depowered and sheeted out. This is a huge safety advantage as it allows the rider to have control even when they are overpowered.
- The hang time is unmatched. It is really easy to go big on this kite. The best part is the smooth as silk landings. When you sheet in to land, the kite flattens out and allows you to float down to the water for an extra smooth landing.
- The quality of craftsmanship and materials is unmatched. The Core kites last longer and keep their performance and feel even after hundreds of sessions. Core uses proprietary materials and they designed a coating material for the canopy material that keeps the kites crispy for a really long time.
- Every size XR6 uses the same bar. We like to use the line extension on the 17m and 19m and even those kites fly on the 52cm Sensor 2S bar. Core has made the big kites fly fast on that 52cm bar. They actually turn better than equivalent size kites with much bigger bars from other brands. Also, the small kites have been slowed down so they feel very stable and controlled in gusty and punchy conditions.
- There has been significant improvement in the bar feel with the XR6. They have somehow made the XR6 have more wind range with a better bar feel. There is less grunt in the kite but there is more power. The bar steering has been improved to have a smoother turn and feel at the bar end. You always know where the kite is in the sky, and it never wears out your arms.
- The improved kite stability in light air and smoothing out of the power band makes the XR6 really fun for kite foiling and waves.
- The CIT settings on the leading edge bridle allow you to fully customize the feel of the XR6 to your riding style. These knots change the positioning of the kite in the wind window so lighter riders can have the kite ride farther forward in the window and the heavier riders can set it deeper in the window for more grunt.
- It is nice that they made a special light weight canopy material for the XR6 LW(Light Wind) series. It has the same coating and feel as the standard CoreTex but it is lighter weight so the big kites fly better.
What We Don't Like
- You can't see the differences between the XR5 and the XR6 but you can really feel them. The only really visible change is on the inflation tubes on the struts. Core redesigned where the One Pump inflation hoses go because they changed quite a bit on the strut design to make the frame more rigid. When you ride the XR6 you can immediately notice easier access to higher jumps, better bar feel, more kite stability and an overall more user-friendly ride.
- As great as the CIT leading edge setting are to have, those knots on the leading edge can get hung up on your lines on the beach or in the water. It is pretty rare, but we have seen the lines get caught on some types of self launches.
- Despite the significant improvements for riding the XR6 on kite foil and in the waves, we like the Nexus for those two applications better. For foiling or waves, when you carve at the XR and really slack the lines you can still get the kite to stall if it is in the middle of the wind window. That being said, the upwind ability and wind range will get you on the water and upwind when "wave" style kites won't generate enough power to get off the beach.
Why you want the Core XR6:
The XR6 is the number one selling kite at REAL because it is awesome. Every type of kiter can appreciate how fun this kite is to use. When you invest in a Core, you know that you are going to get a lot of smiles and miles out of your kite.
Bestseller. Test winner. World record holder.CORE's signature five strut Delta Bow kite isn't just a fan favorite and test winner; it also breaks records. Earlier this year, both Maarten Haeger und Ross-Dillon Player busted through the 30m barrier on their XR's. A feat that was considered impossible was, in fact, possible. We congratulate both for their amazing achievements.
Calling all astronauts, the XR6 seeks test pilots.Fourteen years of development, hundreds of prototypes, and many inhospitable test sessions have gone into the XR6's signature ride. Frank Ilfrich, CORE's head designer, knows how important it is not to lose the DNA that makes the XR what it is today and his team has succeeded again. The XR's linear responsiveness continues to deliver effortless cruising, record-breaking hangtime, and super smooth landings. After six generations, they've dialed in the characteristics regular kiters and astronauts-in-training seek. Like prodigious power. Unbelievable depower. And precise control on the water and in the air. Grab your test pilot gear and allow CORE's perennial bestseller to blast you to the moon metaphorically.
Rocketship scientist stuff inside.The XR6 continues with its highly successful 5-strut, Delta Bow shape. CORE's proven fabrics – CoreTex and ExoTex – are exclusively used on the canopy and leading edge. Our rocketship scientist, Frank Ilfrich, went over every small detail and found weight savings in the leading edge, extra speed in the canopy, and efficiency improvements to our Speed Pump System. Frank and his team modified the strut curves to extract more stability especially when powered. The additional strut rigidity (and lowend grunt) required a small adjustment to the CIT bridle points to add a little more power steering.
XR6 LW. It's windy enough.We've all experienced those days when the wind teases us. You wonder, is it enough to go out? We take the guesswork out with the XR6 LW, a lightwind rocket. It inherits all the power and range of the legendary XR6 while receiving measurable weight saving upgrades like CoreTex Light. We could go on, but we prefer that you find out for yourself how stellar the new XR6 LW performs.
Records are meant to be broken.What started as a family vacation for 18-year-old CORE team rider Maarten Haeger, turned into a surreal dream when he pumped up his XR5 and smashed through the 30m barrier with an amazing 32m jump on January 2nd, 2019. Then, Ross-Dillon Player followed up Maarten's performance with an amazing 30.3m jump a few weeks later in Cape Town on his XR. It looks like Cape Town delivered the goods in January. We wish we could’ve joined you - congrats to both of you. Now, it's your turn to break some personal bests with the new XR6.
- EXOTEX® ULTRA RIGID DACRON: For zero stretch airframes.
- CORETEX® TRIPLE RIPSTOP CANOPY: Extreme durability and UV protection.
- TWO COLOR OPTIONS: "BrightWhite10" and "TechBlack10"
- 5 STRUT FRAME: For maximum canopy stability.
- DELTA BOW SHAPE: More power and even more depower.
- INTELLIGENT ARC: Adjustable wingspan on demand.
- SHORT BRIDLE SYSTEM: Improved kite feedback.
- CIT MODES: Customizable “power steering” and turning speed.
- INSTANT RELAUNCH: Effortless water relaunches.
- SPEED VALVE 2: Fast, reduced effort inflation.
- SPEED PUMP SYSTEM: Improved all strut inflation.
- SENSOR BAR READY: Calibrated for Sensor bar systems.
- SIX YEAR REPLACEMENT PARTS AVAILABILITY: Long termprotection.
Kite|Kite Bag|Manual|Patch kit
- Control bar and pump Sold Separately