The RPM has been in development for over ten years. This kite has stoked out a lot of people over that time period as it has always been a solid performer for kiteboarders wanting to push their limits. For 2019, Slingshot brought in a new kite designer that did a full revamp of the RPM. That sounded scary to us at first as we were afraid that they were going to mess it up. After putting a bunch of hours on the new 2019 RPM, we are pleased to say that they kept everything you liked about the old RPM and added a bunch more wind range, better bar feel, higher jumps, tighter loops and improved the drift.
- New Flyline bridle system is the secret sauce to the great feel of the RPM
- Full wingtip for power through the turns
- One-Pump Speed System inflation
- Split Strut construction
- Cool new colors
- Kite bag
What We Like
- The redesigned RPM is still true to its hard core freestyle roots and has become more user-friendly. That means good riders land tricks with greater ease and new riders can transition into a high performance kite without being held back.
- The top and bottom end wind range has been significantly improved.
- The Flyline bridle is a lot simpler than the bridles from previous years and has improved the overall performance.
- Positive bar feel that is a lot more lively in your hands.
- Much better hang time on your boosts.
- Still rock solid stable for unhooked tricks.
- Better drift makes it work really well for a multi sport kite. You can free ride, foil and ride waves to a high level with this one kite.
- Slingshot has always made really strong kites and the 2019 RPM lives up to their high quality standards.
- Improved light wind water relaunch means that this kite will work for a beginner too.
What We Don't Like
- Despite the 14m getting more low end punch, we have seen most of their riders go for the Turbine 15m for a light wind kite above the 12m.
- The RPM got lost in a sea of copy cat kites over the past decade. This updated version will put the RPM back in the conversation as one of the best kites on the market.
Why you want the 2019 Slingshot RPMIf you are a kiteboarder you have owned an RPM or known someone that has had one and loved it. The 2019 gives you that much more to love. It will get a lot of new riders the performance they want and a lot of previous RPM owner the upgrade they have been looking for.
The 2019 RPM will deliver supercharged performance into your hands. With our new revolutionary FLYLINE bridle system joining more revolutionary DNA than another kite, the 2019 RPM is a kite for the people and has set a new benchmark and standard for kites.
The 2019 RPM has been pushed into a new realm of performance. Riders will experience unreal hang time, boosting capabilities, looping performance, and turning speed, all while maintaining the classic RPM feel at the bar.
- All new FLYLINE bridle system
- Open-C canopy delivers reliable performance
- Revolutionary Boosting / Looping / Turning
- Splitstrust Technology
- One Pump Speed System
- Bomber Slingshot Construction- these kites are built to last
- Striking new visual graphics
ONE PUMP SPEED SYSTEM We invented one pump. Then we reinvented it. This dramatically reduces inflation time so you can have more time where it matters: the water.
SPLITSTRUT Another first by slingshot: strut integration right into the kites canopy rather than being hung. This integration improves overall kite rigidity and allows for lighter weight struts which mean a more aerodynamic frame.
OPEN C PROFILE This profile will lend itself to a tighter turning radius, more low end grunt, bigger loftier jumps and more depower at the bar.
NEW STRIKING GRAPHICS Built to stand out on the beach. Slingshot has never been one to conform, with these new graphics every rider on the beach will know where and who you are.
FLYLINE BRIDLE SYSTEM In the words of our designers, the FLYLINE bridle is like power steering for your kite. The pulleys allow the tow points on each side of the kite to travel as the kite turns through the window, while the bungees restrict the length of travel to maintain optimum structural support no matter what direction the kite is flying. This means both sides of the kite are engaged at all times, rather than one side or the other, depending on which way the kite is flying. For the rider, this translates to a smoother, more dynamic kite with not only more power but more depower and structural stability.The FLYLINE Bridle also changes the geometry of the RPM’s canopy in flight. With different bridle attachments (tow points), the 2019 RPM has a slightly deeper C shape in the air and more structural stability. This gives the kite bigger boosting, longer drift and more powerful loops, while maintaining the range, depower and all-conditions versatility the RPM is synonymous for.
Kite|Kite Bag|Manual|Patch kit
- Control bar and pump Sold Separately