Core has added another kite to the "Specialized Line" that is made for one function, kite foiling. They are late to the one strut game but came at it with a whole new approach to make a very high performance single strut kite that still water relaunches in really light wind. The goal was to make a super light and responsive kite that works equally well on high performance high speed wings as it does on low speed high lift wings.
- CoreTex Triple Ripstop with "Special" Coating
- Exotex Light Super Stiff and Light Dacron
- High flow inflate Speed Valve 2
- Single strut design
- Super thin bridle line
- Dedicated light weight Sensor 2S Pro Foil Bar recommended (Sold Separately)
- Lightweight Kite bag included
What We Like
- The X Lite lives up to it's name and is very light. The single strut makes it light but all of the material skimming they did with the new LE material, shape, design specs and bridle line reduction is really noticeable.
- They used the CoreTex standard triple rip stop because it makes more power and keeps the canopy more rigid. The Exotex Light keeps the leading edge lighter so the kite doesn't fall out of the sky.
- This kite can stay in the air in almost no wind.
- Light wind water relaunch is excellent. It is so light that you can reverse relaunch it if you get super desperate.
- The fuller wing tips make this kite drift well and create steady pull in all zones of the wind window.
- This kite has very little grunt so it is perfect for kite foiling. There is no power surge even if you loop the kite.
- The X Lite has higher performance upwind ability over other single strut kites. If you are riding a more performance foil, the X Lite can handle those high speeds and upwind performance. If you are riding a low speed high lift wing, you have the power to get going and it feels like the kite disappears in the sky as you are flying along on foil.
- This kite was designed with one purpose and that is to foil. It also works really well for kids and lighter riders that need less punch and for the kite to stay flying in underpowered conditions.
- The new bag and bag material is SWEET and super light. Nice upgrade.
- The Pro Foil bar is only a 45cm bar and it makes all of these kite sizes feel quick. The thinner 300kg Pro lines have noticeably less drag too. Definitely, need to get the bar if you are getting these kites.
What We Don't Like
- A 12m is the largest size. We were hoping for a kite one size bigger. Core said that if you can't foil on a 12m then there is not enough wind which is kind of true. Also with bigger kites they are impossible to relaunch in light wind.
- The X Lite is designed to be ridden sheeted in with the kite lower in the window. In this manner you have no flutter in the kite. When you do get overpowered and have to sheet out you will have some flutter in the wing tips of the kite.
Why You Want This Kite:
The X Lite is a high performance inflatable kite made for dedicated kite foiling. Any rider size, ability and foil style works amazingly well with this kite. We are very impressed with the ease of use and performance of this great new specialty kite from Core.
Specialized Series, CORE’s line of highly focused, single purpose gear adds a new kite. The XLITE answers the call for a dedicated, high performance foil kite. A no compromise, all in, one strut inflatable with features unique to the niche discipline of foiling.
A tailor-made foil kite.One of foiling’s defining attributes is the ability to #gokiting when traditional kiters can’t. Hydrofoils are so efficient that they need a kite that flies in virtually no wind. "We set a very high bar when we release a new Specialized Series product and our new foil kite is no exception" comments Philip Schinnagel, CORE's managing director. XLITE, an offspring from the Nexus and Section kites, went through a comprehensive lightweighting program which shed 20% in weight. Foiling the XLITE in 8-10 knots has never been easier.
The devil is in the details.Mass reduction isn’t easy. So, CORE experimented with new leading edge materials, bridles, and one strut designs. After exhaustive R&D, our designers zeroed in on CoreTex for the canopy and new ExoTex Light for the leading edge. "CoreTex brings power and support to our single strut canopy" explains Frank Ilfrich, CORE's chief designer. "And our testing found ExoTex Light is similar in strength as our current ExoTex leading edge dacron yet is 10% lighter." New, lighter bridles (and redesigned attachment points) prevent line snag when relaunching. No detail was too small to lightweight. In the end, CORE’s 20% mass reduction target was achieved.
The power of the Nexus and the drift of the Section.The XLITE’s design genus is inspired by CORE’s wave phenom, the Section, and the Nexus, a multi-talented allrounder. The XLITE benefits from the Section’s drifting skills in waves. Yes! The XLITE is wave ready! Send the XLITE, and you’ll feel that Nexus power in super light winds. Enough juice that allows you to size down. CORE’s designers increased the canopy’s aspect ratio (higher than the Section) so the kite can keep up with the foil at speed. With perfect kite balance and super direct bar feel, the XLITE makes learning new moves a blast.
CORE’s new Sensor 2S Pro Foil bar completes the package.SLE foil kites are sensitive to heavy kite lines that sag and affect steering. To maximize your XLITE's performance, we recommend our new Sensor 2S Pro Foil bar. It comes with a shorter all carbon bar in 39/45cm width and super adjustable lines that are 20% thinner. Thinner lines also improve water relaunching in marginal conditions. The foil bar comes with 22m Tectanium lines (16m+2m+4m) that are rated for 300+kg. Additional 3m extensions are found in the bar bag for those who prefer longer lines.
- EXOTEX® LIGHT ULTRA RIGID DACRON: Super light, zero stretch airframes.
- CORETEX® TRIPLE RIPSTOP CANOPY: Powerful. Durable. And UV protected.
- ONE STRUT LIGHT FRAME: Lightweight driftability. Easy water relaunching.
- LW PROFILE: Drift tuned camber for light wind magic.
- FUTURE-C SHAPE: For fast, tight turns when jibing.
- CIT MODES: Customizable “power steering” and turning speed.
- ULTRASHORT BRIDLE SYSTEM: For improved kite feedback.
- INSTANT RELAUNCH: Easy, strut supported waterstarts.
- SPEED VALVE 2: Fast, reduced effort inflation.
- SPEED PUMP SYSTEM: High capacity, all strut inflation.
- Kite | Repair Kit | Product Manual
- Control bar and pump Sold Separately