The Ocean Rodeo Aluula Roam is the lightest free ride kite on the market. This kite uses the new aged Aluula material in place of the Dacron for the struts and leading edge. This new materials make this kite 1-3 pounds lighter than any comparable products on the market. The Roam is a three strut wave kite that works great for waves, kite foiling and free ride kiteboarding.
- Ultra Light and Stiff Aluula Leading Edge and Strut Material
- Proven Teijin D2 ripstop on canopy
- Light weight bag
- Simple and compact leading edge bridle
- Direct connect adjustable trailing edge bridle attachment
- Three strut design with full wing tip for consistent pull
- High volume inflate valve with one pump inflation system
- Bar and pump sold separately
What We Like
- This kite flies better than most. When you put the kite in the air for the first time, you know it works. It doesn’t matter the wind conditions, the Aluula Roam kite will fly really well.
- You feel the light weight when you fly the Roam. It feels really sporty and totally balanced.
- Overhead stability is unmatched. In really light wind, the kite stays over head and keeps flying. In gusty over powered conditions it stays parked in the sky. You can let go of the bar anywhere in the wind window and the kite hangs out there with out stalling.
- The power band on this kite is very gradual. Easy power on and easy power off.
- Quick and responsive turning for waves. No dead spots in the turns. Even if you turn the kite low in the window, it keeps moving and doesn’t stall.
- Upwind performance is much better than most kites in this category.
- Excellent drift for down the line wave riding.
- We loved this kite for underpowered kite foiling. The smooth power delivery makes it really well suited for the foil.
- Even our entry level riders all loved riding the Aluula Roam. Everyone at REAL has been fighting over the demo.
What We Don't Like
- This kite is expensive. Buying new space aged materials isn’t cheap, but the performance of the kite is so good that it is worth it.
- The Roam isn’t a power house. Like most wave kites, this kite doesn’t have much low end power. It does handle underpowered and over powered conditions really well but it doesn’t have much low end grunt.
- This kite is marketed as a wave kite but works so well as a foil and free ride kite that we think some people might steer away from it because they don’t ride waves.
- Some of our testers didn’t like the twist depower bar. It felt a little big and clunky. Any four line bar will work on this kite so you can mix and match bars with the Roam if you want to.
Who is the Ocean Rodeo Aluula Roam for?
- If you kite foil and ride waves, the Aluula Roam is the way to go. This kite is the dawn of a new age of high end materials that clearly are superior to what we have been riding on for the last 20 years of kiteboarding.