The Converter hits the mark if you want one board for kitesurfing and foilboarding. It isn't the best at everything but it is the best of this class by a long shot.
- 5'4 x 18.3125" x 2.375" @ 26L
- Bamboo laminate EPS construction
- Front and back deck pads
- Inserts for straight line strap (Straps sold separately)
- Track mounting system
- FCS2 tri fin set up (Plastic FCS2 fins included)
- Board mounting hardware included for your foil
- Weight 8.5 LBS
What We Like
The Converter is a great cross over board for someone that wants a do everything board. You can kite surf this board or put a foil on it surf and kite foiling. In all three categories, this board does well but not great. It is not the best in any of these categories but the fact that you can do all three is what makes it so appealing.
The FCS2 fin set up is awesome for easy in and out of your fins. It comes with basic plastic fins so do yourself a favor and upgrade to some better glass fins. You will get better upwind performance and acceleration out of turns. Make sure to take your fins out when you foil as you don't need that extra drag.
Surprisingly the track system on the bottom does not really slow you down while kitesurfing this board. We expected to see a lot of turbulence coming off the bottom from the tracks but that hasn't happened.
The Converter is longer and narrower than most foil boards so it is not as stable. When you take the width out of your foil board you make any wrong moves more accentuated. After a session or two it is pretty easy to dial it in.
The Converter will work with any foil that has a pedestal plate mounting system.
Convenience of only needing to buy, store, carry, pack and travel with one board for both surfing and foiling is huge.
- High value package: Surf and foil with the same board
- Great option for traveling
- Versatility without sacrificing performance
- Adjustable track mount for foil, keyless FCSII boxes for fins
- Based on versatile Angry Swallow surfboard
Board,FCS2 Fin Set,Pedistal Mounting Hardware