The Ozone Wasp is a light weight hand wing with with lots of power per size. Ozone has been making wings for paragliding, speed flying and kite surfing for years so it is no surprise that they killed it with their entry into the Wingy Thingy market place.
Ozone Wasp Wind Range Chart
- 3m - 21-40mph
- 4m - 15-35mph
- 5m - 8-28mph
- 6m - 5-20mph
- *Wind range for 165 lbs rider that adjusts board and foil size to get these wind ranges.
- Ozone Wasp Wing
- Quality stuff sack with strap
- Wrist Leash
- Ozone bottle opener
- Small repair kit
- Sand Bag
- Pump Not Included*
What We Like
- The Wasp has the high quality construction that we are accustomed to. They own their factory and have a really high attention to detail. They are using high end materials and have a shape that is functional and works well for all levels of riders.
- Ozone reinforced the outer wing tips and even made double thick bladders on the lower part of the wing so it can handle some abrasion. The Wasp was designed to be used on land, snow or water.
- This hand wing feels really light weight when you fly it, yet still has a lot of power power size. It also handles the gusty high wind sessions well too. We have ridden the 4m from 15-35mph of wind.
- When you depower this wing and hold the front handle it feels really balanced. The light weight and stable design lets the wing just hang behind you as you glide along on foil.
- The Wasp is being regarded as one of the best wings for foil surfing due to the light weight, compact size, full depower and balanced feel. Nothing better than winging upwind and foil surfing down the ocean swells.
- There are plenty of handles and they are all in the right spots. You don’t ever feel like you are missing one. The full depower front handle is big enough so you can grab it with out having to look at it.
- This wing is pretty easy to flip over and get ready to start flying.
- The Wasp packs down into a small stuff bag that is included.
What We Don't Like
- The center strut is really big so it takes a little time to deflate it completely.
- The handles are a soft which feel great while you are riding, but you loose a little power while you pump the wing on to foil.
- Riding the Wasp Wingy Thingy on a foil is not easy. It takes some good surf, SUP or wake foil skills to be able to ride the Wasp on the foil. The good news is that you can use the Wasp on a skateboard, SUP or skis to learn how it works, which most people will have figured out in the first hour they try it.
Why you want the Ozone Wasp
The was is an excellent wing for foil surfing or any other board or craft you want to get towed around with. The top riders in the world are on Ozone and it is easy enough for a beginner to get their first rides with.
The WASP is a Kite Wing that crosses easily from water, land or snow. It offers easy power for anything that rolls, slides, planes or glides. Use it with your Skateboard, Mountain Board, Skis Snowboard, SUP, Windsurf or Foil board. Simple, quick and a whole load of fun!
We concentrated on making the WASP easy to fly and handle. The large size Leading Edge creates stability and reduces flex, it also helps develop power at low speeds to get you moving sooner. The enlarged strut provides direct angle of attack control, as flex is minimal offering a solid and controlled feeling.
- Power Handles
Multiple Power Handles on the Leading Edge and Strut have been positioned to cover many options, providing maximum control and comfort while riding
- De-power Handle
The streamline De-Power Handle at the front of the Leading Edge completely de-powers the wing for total control when carving downwind in swell or when carrying the wing.
- Direct Connect Strut
Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Strut and Canopy. This construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension. The Strut is connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal and external reinforcements.
- Wrist Leash
The comfortable wrist leash attaches to you and the Leading Edge of the wing. If you become overpowered or lose control, let go of the wing and it will de-power on the wrist leash line
- Internal reinforcements
What’s on the inside counts too – internal reinforcements for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams
Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge
Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low Profile Aerodynamic Scuff Pads
Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction
Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas
- One-Pump Inflation System
The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the wing. Note: there is no closure clip on the one pump hose as the wing should be packed in case of Leading Edge or Strut deflation.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack with ease.