Naish has updated the proven Thrust Surf Foil design by lightening the weight and increasing the strength. This foil is available in three wing sizes (MD, LG, XL) and three constructions (Standard, Abracadabra, Carbon).
|Size Guide||Medium Wing||Large Wing||Extra Large Wing|
|Rider Weight||< 170Lbs.||160-200Lbs.||> 190Lbs.|
What We Like
- Great glide and user-friendly performance. The Naish Thrust is one of the easiest foils to ride on the market.
- New wings are a lot lighter and you can feel the difference while you are on foil.
- Back wing is significantly stronger and easier to assemble on the new fuselage.
- XL size is awesome for bigger riders and open ocean gliding.
- Abracadabra plate allows you faster install and breakdown.
What We Don't Like
- Hardware are bad quality #3 Philips head screws that strip out easily. You will want to buy an extra hardware kit to have back ups.
- Abracadabra is hard to slide on and off if you don't loosen the plate mounting screws. That being said it is still a lot faster than the standard plate.
- 55cm mast can feel a bit short as you start riding on bigger waves at higher speeds. The 70cm is a good accessory add on for high performance wave riding.
- 50% lighter carbon/glass wings
- New Monocoque Back Wing
- New Aircraft Grade Extruded Aluminum Mast
- 55cm Aluminum Mast on Standard and Abracadabra mount
- Pedestal Top Plate w/ Standard or Abracadabra connection
- Stainless steel hardware kit
- Board mounting hardware included
- Padded wing cover included
Complete Foil Weights
|Medium Wing||Large Wing||Extra Large Wing|
A bold success from the onset, the Naish Thrust Surf Foil Program welcomes the XL setup to its highly sought-after line-up. Delta shaped front wings coupled with downturned wingtips deliver the perfect balance between early lift, efficient glide and outstanding turning ability. A slightly flat section along the bottom of the wing adds stability in straight flight while downturned wingtips heighten control in turns for easy carving and redirection without losing lift. The back wing helps to stabilize the front wing while providing extra power when pumping through flat sections. Adding to the high lift, efficient design, this wing model offers a larger window before stalling, making them easier to ride and control when compared to other wings on the market. Three front wing sizes widens the range of rider weights and surfing conditions covered. The new XL adds riders above the 210 pound mark to the foiling club while bringing the threshold for surf size down even further. The XL set is also a great option for downwind conditions. And many pairing options allow riders to perfectly tune their setup to their needs, with the standard backwing pairing well with the M or L front wing and the XL backwing reserved for the XL front wing. Those SUPers or surfers that dabble in other sports will find a solid multi-sport solution in this setup as well. Performing well in low wind and lower speeds, this ultra-stable setup is good for beginner-to-intermediate kite foiling and other low speed foiling. The new Abracadabra quick plate connection makes it quick and effortless to detach and store your board and foil separately. One screw is all it takes to quickly and easily disconnect the entire foil system from your board, while the bottom of the plate can remain in place. Just a few turns of a #3 Phillips head screwdriver yields a secure and tight connection between foil and board. The Abracadabra quick plate is available in the complete set or as an aftermarket item for any current and previous Naish aluminum masts.
- 50% Lighter Wings
- NEW XL Front Wing Size
- NEW XL Back Wing Size
- Monocoque Ultra Robust Back Wing Construction
- Aircraft Grade High Precision CNC Cut Fuselage
- Optional Abracadabra Quick Plate Connection
- Stealth Stripes
- Aircraft Grade Extruded Aluminum Mast
- Carbon/Glass PrePreg & Hi Mod Foam Core Front Wing Construction
- Carbon/Glass PrePreg & Hi Mod Foam Core Monocoque Back Wing Construction
- 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel Hardware
Front Wing, Back Wing, Mast, Fuselage, Assembly and Mounting Hardware, Mast Plate, Wing Cover
- Standard and Abracadabra foils ship with 55cm Aluminum Mast