What we like:
The Pyro is pre curved into the shape of your back and packed with support. This makes the Pyro a really excellent choice for anyone who spends a lot of time on the water. Don't worry, this doesn't add weight or restrict your movement. We like that the Pyro is designed not to slip or move so once it's on, you're locked in for the duration of your session.
We're big fans of the new spreader bar/pad system, which really helps stop the bar from riding up into your chest.
Make sure you don't size your Pyro too big. When you first get your harness you should just be able to close the Velcro power belt - that's a sign of a good fit.
The dual compression straps take a little more time to lock down than a wide single strap but are less likely to loosen during your session so your patience will be rewarded!
Why you want the Dakine Pyro:
When you go to a restaurant, it's often advisable to ask the waiter what his favorite item on the menu is... that's how we feel about the Pyro. With lots of our team riding this harness this year, it gets our pick as a top recommendation.
Dakine Pyro Tech Specs:
- NEW* Maniac spreader bar compatible
- NEW* Freedom shape spreader bar pad
- NEW* Memory foam pressure point relief zones
- Power Clip Lock buckle system
- Hammerhead spreader bar
- Dual blade hook knife
- Pre-curved P.E.B. inner support structure
- Featherweight ES foam molded interior
- Spreader bar hold down webbing strap
- Two side key / knife pockets with elastic loop
- Independent primary and secondary power belt
- Integrated handle and leash attachment
- Leverlock Spreader Bar compatible
XS= 28-30" [ 71-76cm ] SB= 8" [ 20cm ]
S= 30-32" [ 76-81cm ] SB= 10" [ 25cm ]
M= 32-34" [ 81-86cm ] SB= 10" [ 25cm ]
L= 34-36" [ 86-91cm ] SB= 10" [ 25cm ]
XL= 36-38" [ 91-96cm ] SB= 12" [ 30cm ]