The Dakine Renegade is focused on comfort and dispersing the load of a kiteboarding kite. There is one molded patch on the back that holds the harness in place, but it also allows the harness to rotate when you are riding toeside. This is a soft harness that has a large molded plastic plate in back to offer support.
Dakine Renegade Tech Specs:
• Hammer Head Spreader Bar and Pad
• Spreader bar hold down webbing strap
• Dual Blade Hook Knife
• Featherweight ES foam molded interior
• Two side key/knife pockets with elastic loop
• Power clip lock buckle system
• Pre-Curved P.E.B. inner support structure
• Independent primary and secondary power belt
• Integrated handle and leash attachment
• Sliding Bar Kit compatible
What we like:
The Dakine Renegade is a great value for what you get. Once you get locked into this harness, the straps will not loosen up or slide out on you. It is great that the harness will rotate from side to side while you are riding toeside. The additional down strap keep the spreader bar from riding up. The Dakine Renegade is made to last and you will have a ton of sessions on this harness before it breaks down.
What we don't like:
The dual point compression straps take more time to crank down than a single strap harness. As with most harnesses, these straps are pretty long so the flop around in the wind while you are riding.
Why you want the Dakine Pyro:
You get a lot of value with this harness. It is an advanced harness for the price other brands value products. This harness offers support but is not bulky feeling.