The Dakine Pyro is a proven waist harness that will last for multiple seasons of kiteboarding. It has molded interior and two compression straps plus one down strap. These features keep this harness locked in place with minimal slippage.
Dakine Pyro Tech Specs:
• Hammer Head Spreader Bar and Pad
• Spreader bar hold down webbing strap
• Dual Blade Hook Knife
• Featherweight ES foam molded interior
• Two side key/knife pockets with elastic loop
• Power clip lock buckle system
• Pre-Curved P.E.B. inner support structure
• Independent primary and secondary power belt
• Integrated handle and leash attachment
• Sliding Bar Kit compatible
What we like:
The Dakine Pyro provides a lot of support and is really comfortable once it breaks in. The dual straps on each side ensure that you are locked into the harness once you crank it on. There is zero slippage like you often see from single strap systems. The Dakine product is really well made and out lasts any other harness on the market.
What we don't like:
The Pyro feels a bit stiff when you first try it on. It takes a few sessions in the water to fully break in. The dual point compression straps take more time to crank down than a single point harness. As with most harnesses, these straps are pretty long so the flop around in the wind while you are riding.
Why you want the Dakine Pyro:
The Dakine Pyro is a clean harness that will last you for a long time. When you crank it down, you know this harness is secure and won't false release or leave your back crying at the end of the session.