The Dakine Nitrous is the industry standard for board short seat harnesses. They designed this harness to support the rider like a rock climbing harness does. It has a minimal amount a material, but still offers good support and does not ride up when the kite is overhead.
Dakine Nitrous Tech Specs:
• Hammer Head Spreader Bar and Pad
• Dual Blade Hook Knife
• Adjustable waist buckle
• Lightweight quick-dry fabric
• Power clip lock buckle system
• Ultra comfortable leg straps
• Velcro side pocket with key loop
• 8-Point load dispersion system
• Integrated handle and leash attachment
• Sliding Bar Kit compatible
What we like:
The Dakine Nitrous feels a lot less restricting than any other seat harness on the market. It doesn't feel like you even have a harness on. It does not ride up in your crotch like most seats.
What we don't like:
The hook height is pretty low on this harness, so if you are used to a waist harness with a height hook high, this is going to take some getting used to.
Why you want the Dakine Nitrous:
The Nitrous fits really well and will not restrict your kiteboarding. The shorts look much cooler than the full seat harness too.